Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tmicham
Initiate
Initiate

My arlo pro battery will not charge and the camera keeps disconnecting. It remains at 2-3 percent, even after charging for 5+ hours with the correct charger. I have removed the battery, turned off the camera, put the battery back in, and plugged the cord in, and nothing. It will temporarily blink blue, flash once orange, then stops blinking. Does not show the camera as charging in the app either. App/camera updated prior to posting this.

100 REPLIES 100
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Are you using the supplied USB cable?

Flashing blue briefly means that the correct charger has been attached.

I think that an orange flash means the battery is flat, which you know already.

If you have a second camera have you tried swapping batteries and cameras around?

dmaninseattle
Guide
Guide

Got the same problem!  New Arlo pro, first time trying to charge.  Lasted a month or so outside, now down to 1%, just stays off-line. Can't get it to charge at all using the Arlo charger and cord.

Tmicham
Initiate
Initiate
Yeah, I'm not too impressed with the Arlo. I have had that problem with two cameras now and I just returned them. I'm on my third set. If it continues to happen I'm going to look at other security cameras because there's no customer service, just these forums, and 2 times is too many. Best of luck!
Streak2
Master Master
Master

When you have the camera on charge, what does the app. report?

Justjames
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone figure this out 3 out of 4 of mine won't charge and the 1 I have to place just perfect upside down sideways for the charge.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Maybe defective? Wither swap at the store or open a case with support.
Streak2
Master Master
Master

When you have the camera on charge, what does the app. report? Does it show that the camera is charging and is the % increasing over time?

It's unlikely that 3 battery/camera combos are faulty. It's possible that there is a problem with the charger or the USB cable.

KurwynEva
Initiate
Initiate
Both of my Arlo pro will not charge after several days of charging. While plugged in the app shows a power cord icon for both. They both function while plugged in. When I disconnect power they turn off immediately.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Pop the battery out and reinsert.  If you have another camera with a good battery, try swapping them around. Otherwise, open a case with support.

tamarastokes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still having brand new battery not charging, this is the first time recharging staying at 2%
dmaninseattle
Guide
Guide

It was the charger for me.  If you have a good one, use that one to charge all the batteries.  Seems to be really high infant mortality for those chargers.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tamarastokes,

Are you using the charging cable and ac adapter that came with your Arlo Pro kit?

JamesC

tamarastokes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I have 2 of them. One of them is not good and the other one worked! Not happy that got a broken one before I ever used it!!!
Pris
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just got my Arlo Today. Seems like the battery is not charging. Only Plinks blue the first 2 seconds when connects into the power and then no more signal. Using all the original kit 😞
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you checked for charging progress in the app/web using Settings, My Devices, your camera?  The battery display should update as it charges (I find I have to refresh the page to get it to update).  The camera itself has no indication that it's charging other than the initital blue LED indicating that the charger is connected.  If the setting for the camera is to turn the LED on when it's finished charging, the camera LED will turn solid blue when it's done.  Charging should take about 2.5 hours max.

Pris
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You for the response. It's def. not working. 

tamarastokes
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes checked thru app that charging was taking place. I have 2 chargers and one of them is not any good. This upsets me as they are both brand new!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Well, replace it.  You always have the choice of swapping at the store or opening a case with suport here to do that.

dmaninseattle
Guide
Guide
Except usually the battery dies well after the local store return policy expires. So - go buy a new camera with a new charger, swap out the chargers and return it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or just open a case with support here.

dmaninseattle
Guide
Guide
Yup and be sure you didn't already throw out receipts from 4 months ago., or the original packaging! Cause you got room to keep every box from every gadget you ever bought right?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nobody ever said you need the original packaging unless you're returning it to a store for refund or exchange. Receipts are always needed to receive warranty work.

tamarastokes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would like for Netgear to replace the charger that is not working without having to go bacl to the store to replace it!

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Then you would need to contact support and open a case with them.