Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Dan926
Tutor
Tutor
It would be nice to have multiple schedule, i like to have my outside camera armed earlier in evening then my inside ones. Example is arm outside at 6pm when it dark but not inside till 10 pm when I go to bed. Currently we can only set one schedule, so my outside could be missing something during darkness, since i don’t want inside armed while I’m awake.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

and

How do I configure and use the Schedule option?

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

That would be a good idea, but I can see ways of getting close to what you want.

Set three modes: day, evening, night.

In the evening mode, have rules that handle the outside cameras and ignore those indoors.

In night mode, set the rules to react to outdoor and indoor cameras.

You can play many tricks with modes and rules.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
Dan926
Tutor
Tutor

How do you set different  modes lije that? After 3 years I just realized i Could  use a usb drive to record if internet went down..... not super tech savvy.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

and

How do I configure and use the Schedule option?

Just another user
Dan926
Tutor
Tutor

Wow, I’m so behind on this. THANKS SO MUCH! I can’t believe after three years j can do what I wanted.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

That is what this place is for.

Just another user