Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Multiple base stations

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
acemitchell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Based on the shape of the area that I'm trying to cover I think I need a second base stations.  I've found commens on these forums indicating you can have as many base stations as you want, but I've also seen you need to upgrade to business account to do this.

What are the rules (and costs associated with) multiple base stations on a single account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The ONLY way to expand coverage area is with multi bases.

The way Arlo goes for home use ( non-business plans ) is the limit is the number of cameras based on your service level;

Basic (free ) is 5 cameras with 7 days roling storage , the next two paid levels are 10/30  and 15/60  cameras / days storage

There is no limit on the number of bases on any account , nor is it location restricted... so you could run 3 bases all in different locations up to the total limit of cameras of your level

So long story short; 5 cameras ,two bases all for free with 7 days rolling storage.

The ONLY noted to be aware of is that EACH BASE will be it's own system... tho all you cameras appear in the app/prgm, each base will have to be armed/scheduled/etc separately.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The ONLY way to expand coverage area is with multi bases.

The way Arlo goes for home use ( non-business plans ) is the limit is the number of cameras based on your service level;

Basic (free ) is 5 cameras with 7 days roling storage , the next two paid levels are 10/30  and 15/60  cameras / days storage

There is no limit on the number of bases on any account , nor is it location restricted... so you could run 3 bases all in different locations up to the total limit of cameras of your level

So long story short; 5 cameras ,two bases all for free with 7 days rolling storage.

The ONLY noted to be aware of is that EACH BASE will be it's own system... tho all you cameras appear in the app/prgm, each base will have to be armed/scheduled/etc separately.

Morse is faster than texting!