Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
throws1
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras were working fine earlier today and noting motion to my phone app. Motion sensor worked today and last night. I put them up a few months ago and all has been great. All batteries are above 50%. They all stopped detecting motion this evening. I motion tested them through the app, and the camera light comes on. I tried them "Live" on the app and they show the live feed through my phone app. Any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the running men for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray?  If gray, motion detection is disabled.  Go to the Mode tab, select you base and verify that the Armed mode is selected.  It may also be worthwhile to power cycle the base.

throws1
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the reply! Running men were black last night. This morning, I recyled the power on the base, re-synced the cameras, took the batteries out of the cameras and re-installed (did not re-charge as they should keep working down to 1% if meter is worthwhile). I also increased the sensativity for the cameras to 100% through "mode" and they are still being less sensative than yesterday. They now detect motion, but  you have to be closer to the camera. What a pain to have to get the ladder out and take the cameras down. 

throws1
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry, forget to mention I also re-installed the app on my phone in addition to everything in previous post.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots of the camera views.  Maybe it's just a positioning issue.