Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Smackdowns69
Follower
Follower

What is the camera looking for as far as motion goes?  what does the sensitivity setting control?  Does it control the size of a moving object that triggers it? or is it a distancefrom camera?  I have tried changing the setting and nothing really changes.  If I understood how the motion sensor works then maybe I could help my self out.

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Regarding the sensitivity adjustment, you are sorta regulating the sensitivity of the motion detector to the infrared heat signature of the object in its view. So moving the sensitivity down, should result in less detection of certain objects.
StanW
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to change the sensitivity for motion detection it doesn't seem to be saving. I'll change the sensitivity and then back out and when I go back in, the sensitivity is back to 50%. 

Am I doing something wrong?

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Somewhere there is a save button. I think eiter on the same page if via the app, on the previous page if in the web portal.

Its been awhile since ive used either to make changes, but there is one if you look around.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you're editing your modes since the Motion Detection Test setting won't save - it's just to let you experiment.  WHen editing your modes, use the Back link at the top left for the app or the Edit Rule link for the web page.  Save is there.

c3po_v2
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had the same issue - the ux within the test area could be improved and allow you to set the sentivity following the test. 
To set the sensitivity you need to go to select mode>rules>select the camera to edit>motion is detected and adjust the level. After this return to the previous page (edit rule) and scroll to the bottom and save the chnages. do this for each camera you have.