Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion detector turns off after one video.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
MarcusBC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Asking for some help to find out why my Arlo Pro camera motion detector turns off after it takes one video? I have three cameras and they are all doing the same thing. I have not reset the cameras and their batteries are almost fully charged. It has been working fine up until two days ago and suddenly all three will take one video and then the yellow man comes on. I can click the "live" video and it will show the live feed. That will also clear the yellow man until it captures one video then the yellow man comes back on. My settings show motion detection as on but the yellow man image is on the screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yellow running man means a recording in in action... sounds like something got glitched...

Easiest thing is to reboot the base unit with the power button... if this doesn't help you have to go further.

The hardest would be to remove all units by REMOVE DEVICE including the base and starting all over as if new.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
MarcusBC
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Tom - I will give it a shot - was hoping it was just a setting!! Thanks again!!

BirdWatcherNY
Guide
Guide

I can vouch for this solution, the same exact issue cropped up for me: After a single detection recording, the running man remained yellow, for hours after the recording & the motion detection no longer triggered new recordings. I rebooted the base unit (by unplugging the power and re-plugging after a few minutes, that works same as power button), and the issue cleared up.

Not sure what caused this, but we did get the season's first Arctic blast, sending temperatures down to single digits. My Arlo Pro camera hasn't experienced winter before now, so who knows, it might be weather-related. FYI.