Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
MSwolly83
Star
Star

When I open the Arlo app, it triggers a "motion detection" alert and records a video.  I am not even accessing the live stream... I don't understand why this would occur.. hasn't always done this, but has for a couple months.

Is this a known problem?  Can I disable this?

8 REPLIES 8
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I have never heard of that one. I'd first try uninstalling the app, clear your app backups (google, samsung, etc), restart phone, and reinstall app.

MSwolly83
Star
Star

Just tried that.. didn't seem to work... maybe I missed a step, will try again.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Just curious, which camera records when you open the app? And what's that cameras firmware version? And do you have any arlo lights, or doorbell? Do you have Arlo integrated into smartthings?

You could also try removing any custom modes that you may have setup, close app, then open and add the custom modes back.

Last would be to remove the cameras and base from the app, reset the base, then add cameras back again.

MSwolly83
Star
Star

Apparently this happens whenever I authenticate.  I can reproduce this from two separate phones (Android) AND upon log into the web site as well....  Web site doesn't seem to do it 100% of the time..

I have one Arlo Pro, that is it.  Standalone, no integrations.

Cam firmware is 1.092.0.19_26228

Jdubbs4131
Star
Star
I can confirm this is an issue also.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ok, your firmware is good. Hard to say if this is a app bug or something with your account since I've only seen 2 people post about it, and since it does it on the website as well I'd lean towards some corruption in your account. Since you only have 1 camera I would remove the camera and base from the app, reset the base to factory settings, then claim your base and sync the camera again. If that doens't fix it, you could try removing everything again, then start over fresh with a brand new Arlo account (new email address) and add the base and camera back.

If neither of those help, you may need to call support.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

This is a known issue on Arlo 1st Gen but not so much on Arlo Pro.. I do have one right now is exactly what you're describing.. It doesn't bother me anymore like it used to.. It usually fixes itself in a long run.. It could be a server glitch/bug.. I recommend do a random re-start on Base or Log out/in on your App.. 

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

@MSwolly83 wrote:

When I open the Arlo app, it triggers a "motion detection" alert and records a video.  I am not even accessing the live stream... I don't understand why this would occur.. hasn't always done this, but has for a couple months.

Is this a known problem?  Can I disable this?

This was a known problem with the original Arlo, I reported and struggled with it and it still comes back occasionally. Never had it happen with the Pro, don’t know whether it’s same issue.

It was never fixed with original Arlo, hope for better luck with the Pro. Contact support.