Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Zones

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cirga
Aspirant
Aspirant

I created a motion zone, and toggled the arlo smart setting to only show people.  It does work when people enter hte motion zone, but it seems to record random clips at times that have absolutley no motion in them at all.  Is anyone else experiencing this issue?   It is making the battery last for only a few days.  

4 REPLIES 4
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Yes. The zones feature does not work. I gave up on it. It was doing same thing to me. It seems to me they need to do more testing and research before introducing new features. Perfect example the last 3 firmware updates. Many people still having battery and motion detection issues.
Cirga
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is not very comforting.  Does Support know when they will actually work?

Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Support? Yeah right. They dont know how anything works. I guess youve never called them. If you have a few hours to spare on hold and want a good laugh call them
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cirga,

You could be experiencing this due to the cameras position. Sensitivity could also be an issue. Take a look at this article for positioning tips for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

You can also adjust sensitivity until you find the right sensitivity level for your environment: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

JamesC