Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extend cloud storage beyond 7 days

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
CoreyCh
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro and cloud storage is deleted on a 7 day rolling basis. I'm not anywhere close to the total storage limit, but I have a lot of 2 minute video clips that I need to use and share with others and the deletion makes it difficult to access and share video. My expectation was that the storage would overwrite oldest video after my storage limit was reached, and not that the few videos I had would be expunged after 7 days. Can Arlo please change this setting to overwrite video only after storage limits have been reached, or at least extend the limit beyond 7 days to something like one month? I see this issue has been raised by other users in the past but I don't see a solution. 

1 REPLY 1
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If you plug a USB drive into the base videos are recorded to the drive until it's full, then it overwrites the oldest first. At any time you can remove the usb drive from the arlo base and plug it into your computer to save or share videos.

You can also download any recorded video you want and save it forever thru the app or the website.

Also this may help you:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/arlosmart/