Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
nytech
Tutor
Tutor

I can't seem to find where to adjust the sensitivity. Everywhere I've read on says to go to Mode and click edit. But for me, when I go to Mode all I have is the Arlo Base Stations. Almost everything online is either from 2015 or the screenshots they show are from an older version that has since changed. How can I adjust the sensitivity on an Arlo Pro camera in 2018?

If you look at the screenshot, for Step 2.

:Tap or click Mode. A list of cameras displays"

I don't have a list of cameras, when I go to Mode (phone/browser). All I see are my two base stations. 

Please help 😞

6 REPLIES 6
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

For the android app........

Tap mode, tap the base station, next to Armed (or your custom mode if you have one) tap the pencil, you now see your rules for each camera you have set up, tap the pencil next to the camera/rule you want to change, tap the detects motion pencil, adjust your motion sensitivity, tap back, tap save.

nytech
Tutor
Tutor

How do I add a rule?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

When editing armed mode, your cameras should auto populate under the rules section. One camera/rule for each camera you have. You can then edit those. I can't add rules under armed. You can create a custom mode, which allows you to choose which cameras you want to create a rule for.

nytech
Tutor
Tutor

Then I guess that is where my problem is. I don't see that camera under rules. I can get to that camera without any issues and everything else seems to be working fine. 

Boy it would be a lot easier just tu put camera sensitivity under "Video Settings" for each camera, right? 

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ya it might be better to have sensitivity under the camera settings instead of under a rule setting, but if you have custom modes I guess you could setup different sensitivity for the same camera depending on the scernario your custom mode covers. Probably why they put it in rules.

If your camera is missing from the armed mode rules then you might want to remove it and resync it back. I haven't done that in quite some time, but if I remember correctly all your cameras should just show up automatically under rules.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No, since you might use different sensitivity settings in different modes (daytime vs. nighttime vs. windy).

You don't see all cameras in the Armed mode? That's a problem that should be able to be resolved by removing that camera from Settings, My Devices and resyncing. If you're not seeing it in a custom mode, you simply need to add a rule for it.