Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Is anyone having an issue with receiving motion notifications and recordings? It just went out two days ago. I did everything to correct, all settings correct. My system won’t send me push notifications or emails for motion events. It is not recording video as well. I’m utilizing on iPhone app. I tried on several devices all the same. This is unreal, basically makes the system useless. I spent almost $4000 on 20 useless cameras for a software glitch. Customer support was useless. Can anyone HELP????
12 REPLIES 12
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That isn't an app issue - it sounds like you need to verify that the appropriate mode is selected. Are the motion icons for each camera in the Devices tab black or gray? Gray means disarmed. Have you rebooted the base? What have you tried?

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Thanks for response. I did all the recommended corrective actions. The motion icon is active, not grey. It turns yellow when motion but it just won’t send notifications or record video. I triple checked all my settings. This is a really weird thing. I’ve had the cameras for years, this never happen. I actually ordered a new base station but now I will have to re-sync all 20 cameras. Will be a monumental task.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Another person posted that a phone call to support resulted in them doing something that resolved the issue. Have you tried opening a case to see if that could work for you?

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Apprentice
Apprentice
Following the outage of May 23/ 24 one of my cams exhibits the same problem as you describe. I'm unable to do so at the moment but have you tried powering down the base station for 10 minutes? Another user said this worked for them. Like you I know my mode settings are correct. And I've tried rebooting the base station and even creating a new mode just to test the cam giving me trouble. Nothing has worked. Suppoet has been clueless. I have a report into my states AG office of consumer affairs to throw the hammer down on Arlo. Unfortunately it's what's needed to effect action.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

I have few questions for you

1. What Model base station are you using?

2. What Device Model/OS are you using when the issue occurs?

3. What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you running?

4. What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

Apprentice
Apprentice
Your level 2 support has these details and I'm not gonna do busy work so you can blame it on me. You are disconnected from Arlos technical problems with all due respect. Don't make me part of your fake news as there are still other people complaining about the same thing.
Retired_Member
Not applicable
With all due respect you my cameras aren’t working. You can keep your lip service to yourself. The security of my home is at risk because of this defect. Your lack of concern or support is further testament to your issues. Disconnect me, you did nothing to help anyway.
Apprentice
Apprentice

FYI, my base station went offline and the worst time this morning for about 1.5 hours. The cause was not related to my Internat as my Ring cameras and other online devices were rock steady.  However, after the base station came online again, the cam that had trouble began to detect motion.  So for about 2 weeks it was down and moderators like Shane telling me it was fixed when I freaking know it wasnt.  This experience leaves a punget odor filled taste as far as Arlo is concerned. The false narrative is shameful and reeks IMO. If I ran Arlo, I would start firing people. From the developers to some of the support people and especially the moderators writing the false narrative. Blame the user instead of admitting there is something wrong when an avalanche of complaints show up online. Even then, disrepecting the customers who say their situation has not been resloved by prematurely closing threads. Same on you. 

Apprentice
Apprentice
elkayne
Initiate
Initiate

2 of 3 of my cameras are not recording to the library.  I've reset, resynced and followed all other troubleshooting to no avail.

What gives?

Firmware 1.12.2.2_2754

NYBill
Aspirant
Aspirant

1 of 5 units sees motion on motion test.  No recordings.  Manual record works.

redkryptonite22
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem. 2 of 3 will not record. They happen to be the ones I signed up for the Arlo Smart on. Did you get any resolution?