Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
wyattb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have set the camera to record for 60 seconds when there is a motion detection. The issue i have, is that if the motion continues after the one minute, the recording does not restart with a new clip. I need it to record clips as long as there is motion and not stop on the minute from the first detection. 

What am i doing wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your not doing anything wrong... the camera trigger event will cause it to record for the set time and stop. IF motion continues ( after the auto reset of the trigger , which takes 10+ sec ) the camera will start to record again for the same time.

The only camera that will continue to record after the set time if still motion is the Q camera , and then the max is 300secs.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
And don't forget that motion has to be detectable after the timeout. If the subject stops moving or is out of view nothing will happen.
wyattb
Aspirant
Aspirant

IIt is terrible that it takes 10 seconds to reset. If there is motion it should continue. I miss a lot of activity. Is Arlo Q compatible with Arlo Pro? Also i paid for 4 Arlo Pro WI-FI cameras. 

P.S. This is an outdoor application. Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The catch is that motion has to be continuous to continue recording.  If motion stops, the instruction is to stop recording.  You may want to use the fixed time setting instead if the other isn't working for you.

The Q and wireless cameras are separate systems that all show in your account.  Right now, there's no interaction between the two systems - I hope eventually it will be added but hasn't been so far.

The Q can be used indoors looking through a window with no issue as long as night vision is disabled so the IR illuminators don't reflect in the window.  Otherwise, the Pro cameras would be a better solution.