Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Modes only shows "base station" under devices

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
dustin2788
Guide
Guide

For Arlo pro, when I press the mode button on the bottom, it only shows "base station" under devices. The manuel says it will show your cameras there. I want to set up different modes for different cameras. Any help welcome. Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15
dustin2788
Guide
Guide

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

dustin2788 wrote:
For Arlo pro, when I press the mode button on the bottom, it only shows "base station" under devices. The manuel says it will show your cameras there. I want to set up different modes for different cameras. Any help welcome. Thanks.

After clicking on MODE, click on the BASE icon, the cameras should show up on the right side

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
dustin2788
Guide
Guide
When I click mode it then says "my devices". It shows the base unit, and to the right it says "armed". If I click on the base unit it then gives me the options of "armed, disarmed, schedule, or geofencing. Is that normal? When I click on settings- my devices, it then shows the made unit on top, then the base unit again with a bell next to it, then my cameras after that. I'm not sure about that either. Thanks for your response.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

if you click MODE you should see like this orvery similar;

mode pic.JPG

If you click on SETTINGS, it's this or very similar

setting pic.JPG

Morse is faster than texting!
dustin2788
Guide
Guide
Clicking mode I only see "base station". No cameras listed. That's my problem. On the pic you can see what modes different cameras are in. When I go to settings and see my devices I have 2 base stations listed. Not sure why. Thanks for the help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Can't tell you why 2 base stations are showing but first things first. When you go to the Mode tab, you have to select your base since it's possible to have multiple bases.
dustin2788
Guide
Guide
When I click "mode" it shows me "base station". I click on that and it then gives me the option of armed, disarmed etc. it never shows me cameras. In the Instructuons I should see cameras that I can change each mode independently. Thanks for the help.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Each mode (Armed, for instance) has one or more camera rules in it.  Edit Armed (pencil or > icon to the right) and see all your cameras and their settings. Rather than modifying Armed, which is the default and is useful for troubleshooting), create your own custom modes so the cameras do exactly what you want.  Create multiple modes so some cameras are on, some are off (any cameras without a rule are disarmed) so you can then schedule them appropriately.

Bfassler752
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem. Did you ever figure this out?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which "same problem"? What have you tried? Have you read this thread and the FAQs?

Bfassler752
Guide
Guide

When I click on modes, I can only see the base station, not each separate camera. On the Devices section, I can see the 3 cameras. I cannot click on the base station on the modes page.

Bfassler752
Guide
Guide

Capture.JPG

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As noted, try selecting your base.  This is needed since you may have multiple bases or Q cameras, each of which is set up idividually.

Penny123
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem - when I select mode it show the same as other posters: just the base unit, no cameras, and the base unit can't be 'selected' - clicking on it does nothing.  The last time I logged on (yesterday) I was able to see my cameras listed below the base, and I could individually change their modes - don't know what happened between yesteady & todayMode screen snapshot.png

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Penny123,

Clicking the ">" next to the the desired modes will allow you to edit the rules for each camera.

JamesC