Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Camera not connected to the internet

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bob-B
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of sudden this camera stopped being connected to the internet on 10/14/17.  I tried re-syncing it but it didn't help.  I just received and installed this base station and 5 cameras on 9/25/17.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  The batteries are brand new.

Thanks Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bob-B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions to solve my problem with one of my cameras and at this point I feel so stupid.  I just bought this system and it came complete with brand new Duracell batteries.  Just out of curiosity, I removed the batteries from the camera and tested them.  Three were dead.  I replaced the bad Duracell batteries with new Eveready batteries and the camera is working fine.  I never have been a Duracell fan.  Thanks again.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Open the battery door, remove the battery for 10 seconds or so and then put it back in.

You should see the blue light come on and then a short while later flash rapidly as it syncs with the base.

If it does not do this then attach the charger to the camera and see if it syncs, checking the battery level with the app at the same time.

JingJo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, plus a battery issue.

My 4 cameras monitor a holiday house where guests and cleaners come and go. I am there randomly, just like the cameras, which operate for a day or 2 then go offline for a day or 2. There is no rhyme or reason that I can identify. Nobody does anything to bring the cameras back on stream.

Last time I was at the house I recharged the cameras. 3 of them synced to the base station for positioning. The 4th didn't because they all chose that moment to go offline.

I rebooted the router, restarted the Arlo base station, and removed the camera batteries for a couple of minutes. The cameras didn't come online.

I went home and checked them remotely. They were still offline. Sometime overnight with nobody in the house they came online. They have been intermittent ever since, so at the moment they are worse than useless.

Another problem is that the cameras needed charging after only 5 weeks from initial installation. I recharged them until the blue LED came on, and they went flat again within 5 days.

Ours is a 3 storey weatherboard house. The base station is on the middle level and the cameras are all mounted on the exterior walls at roughly the same level as the base station. Maximum distance from any camera to the base station is 15 metres.

If I can't get a solution to the issues the system is going back for a refund, so any help will be appreciated and acknowledged.

Cheers,

Max

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JingJo,

the symptoms you describe sound like an issue with poor signal strength between the cameras and the base. This could be caused by range or WiFi interference.

What does the signal strength indicator show for each of your cameras that are behaving this way?

If you (temporarily) locate a camera close to the base station (within a few feet) do you experience the same issue?

JamesC

Bigdaddymike
Initiate
Initiate
My fourth camera will not connect to the base I have done everything except smash it with a hammer it will only blink orange never blue! My other three cameras are connected fiine
Bob-B
Aspirant
Aspirant

I want to thank everyone for their suggestions to solve my problem with one of my cameras and at this point I feel so stupid.  I just bought this system and it came complete with brand new Duracell batteries.  Just out of curiosity, I removed the batteries from the camera and tested them.  Three were dead.  I replaced the bad Duracell batteries with new Eveready batteries and the camera is working fine.  I never have been a Duracell fan.  Thanks again.

JingJo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Thanks for the response. I have been out of range for most of the last 3 days so have not had a chance to reply until now.

Camera position doesn't seem to make a difference. 3 cameras have full WiFi signal. The one covering the front door that triggers most often has all bars but one signal strength.

When I log into Arlo either in a browser on PC or using an Android device  (almost always from a remote location), all cameras are showing the last image captured. If the cameras are offline, then each camera window goes dark after a few seconds and the following message is displayed in each window:

Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help.

Usually the cameras all go offline as a group but occasionally 1 or 2 stay online. 

As an example, people have been coming and going at the house since Friday (16th). I have no recordings for the 17th and the 20th. On the other days there are recordings of guests returning but not leaving, so the problem is intermittent. The last recording is late last night (22nd), and the cameras are currently offline so have not picked up anything today and it's after 3pm on the 23rd.

I can get into the server and have just restarted it. The cameras remain offline after the restart.

Somebody above or in another thread said they had a similar problem and replacing the base station fixed it. My bet is that a replacement base station will fix the issue for me too.

Thoughts, or more questions?

Cheers,

Max

JingJo
Aspirant
Aspirant

PS

10 min after the restart all cameras are online. How long before they go offline I wonder?