Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Model VMB400r3 Doesn't Work Anymore

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DrPots
Tutor
Tutor

I recently posted that I have an Arlo Pro system with 5 cameras that just went south in January. I eventually called the support line and got a nice kid who tried to help me. One thing that bothered me was that he sent me a link to https://canyouseeme.org which is supposed to be able to check my AT&T modem (IP address) and see what ports are open. He kept insisting that I needed to call AT&T and have them help me open ports 80 and 123. I declined to do that. Fast forward. I posted on this forum about my plight. I got a reply from someone who suggested it is relatively cheap to replace the basestation. I did. I re-synched my cameras and have not had any problems. Just for curiosity, I ran the canyouseeme.org link and guess what. It still does not see ports 80 and 123, yet my system is working fine. I am just suggesting that if you call Arlo support (in the Philippines and/or India), you may not actually get any help. They are nice enough people, but are just following a checklist or reading a script. I am not convinced they ever saw an Arlo system working.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrPots
Tutor
Tutor

Not exactly like they supported me. They kept saying it was an AT&T problem, which is not true. When my system works, it is very handy to be able to see what is going on around my house. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MyNGpro
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

It looks like this model have many problems that support can't handle .

But gladly for you they did support you !

I am not that lucky...not others as well.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/VMB-4000-r3-back-to-old-firmware-by-itself/m-p/1682753/highli...

Thx

DrPots
Tutor
Tutor

Not exactly like they supported me. They kept saying it was an AT&T problem, which is not true. When my system works, it is very handy to be able to see what is going on around my house. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A site like you reference above sees if the ports are open for incoming traffic which they damn well better not be. Arlo, and web browsers, and games, etc., opens an outgoing connection through those ports through which a reply can happen. The Arlo servers can't open that connection first - it has to be an outgoing connection to the server.

Opening the ports, which is sometimes suggested here, is to make sure that outgoing connections are allowed.