Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Klegacy
Star
Star

Assuming Arlo is having issues?  No mode options on app or online .. it is completely gone.  Anyone?  ETA on a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @Klegacy We have had a handful of users report this issue and are in the process of investigating. Can you restart your base station for me when you get a chance, and see if your modes return? I appreciate your help!!

Dawn Marshall

Community Manager, Arlo

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @Klegacy We have had a handful of users report this issue and are in the process of investigating. Can you restart your base station for me when you get a chance, and see if your modes return? I appreciate your help!!

Dawn Marshall

Community Manager, Arlo

Peretti
Aspirant
Aspirant

All lights are green on base station, but I have no settings showing for each camera.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Peretti can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing when you have a chance? Are your cameras/base station offline, or can you see the live stream, but cannot see mode settings? Thanks in advance for your help!

Dawn Marshall

Community Manager, Arlo

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

It appears that the modes have all been condensed to the one rule. I opened my app this morning and some of my camera's were missing from the mode rules. I went into the rules to edit and they had all moved to the same camera only the record when eg Camera I detects motion record to camera 1 was missing. I have deleted all my modes and re set them, however I haven't been able to add audio for just one camera when I have several camera's recording with motion on the main camera. Will have to investigate further. I have the mode bar on all my android and pc devices.

Monica

tech266
Aspirant
Aspirant

image.pngMy base station is  'getting status' and the mode cannot be changed. It said to do a firmware update earlier today and since then the mode must be to disabled because I have gotten no alerts. I have included screen shots.

Lla983
Aspirant
Aspirant

On my Arlo pro this morning completely disappear mode options on app and online tu. It is completely gone. Anyone know wote gonaon?

Peretti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem.  Firmware update changed the base,  It says it is OFFLINE, but the internet light is green.  Under "Settings", I have no settings shown and no "On/OFF" for the cameras - nothing.  I have tried resetting base - no change.  I have no where to go since there are no settings showing to change?

Klegacy
Star
Star

@DawnM  I restarted and it seems to have fixed things.  Hope it stays this way.  Just a glitch perhaps?  All is well on both my phone and on the web page.

Lla983
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted the base. Looks like it fixed. Hope it will works fine. Mode tab now appear on both my phone and on the web page.

Thank you.

hawkp60
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Modes have all disapeared. There is no running man on any of the cameras. I can view each camera in Live view but can not Arm or Disarm I tried a number of solutions including hard resets of base station and router, re-synched cameras, re-downloaded App and re-started base station within the App. I opened up a Chat Session but the agent was very vague and seemed to indicate that Netgear has an issue on their side and are working an issue. Anybody experiencing the same issue?

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Netgear have an issue and are "working" on it. Have you tried logging in on a Window PC? There was an app update yesterday ( In Australia) but an update came out earlier in the US. I updated my android tablet and now can't see which mode my camera's are in on my schedule, I didn't update my android phone and it's working OK so I'm not updating it. I'm also having trouble with my schedule and what's showing on PC is different to my phone. Hopefully they will have a "fix" soon!

JakeThornbloom
Initiate
Initiate

Running the latest Arlo App (ver 2.5.0_21265) on my Samsung S7 (with the latest updates).

But the ON/Off Mode botton has suddenly disappeared!   What is wrong?

Or is this a new feature in the latest app?

But why in earth would Netgear remove this fundamental function from the app? Netgear cannot be serious in only offering this basic function in the web-version?

Netgear you need to fix this quickly.

And thinking of it, please develop a Arlo-widget that makes it possible to disarm/arm the system with one click

/Jake

DennisHr
Initiate
Initiate

After the last update I also lost mode funtion on my lte smart phone. I have tried to restart and reboot everything to no avail also tried to reinstall the app several times . I've tried to get the version before the update but it won't allow me to download it. Good luck with yours. I'm sorry I spent the money on this set up.

SaltyDog45
Aspirant
Aspirant

All mode customizations are gone. Should I wait for a fix? Do not want to go through time consuming set up if a fix is available. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a computer browser for the time being. That seems to work best.

Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
One week this has been what a load of crap arlo really is
hawkp60
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was able to correct this issue by deactivating/activating the base station followed by syncing all the cameras again. Maybe the developers need to put out a fix in the next update since there were a lot of us affected.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There are several posts in this forum about this issue. The mode screen/tab was not removed, but it is missing for some peope because of an issue that Arlo is having. They are working on it.

Nasgo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

The Mode tab is gone for me too since May 15

Shortly before disappearance it was indicating schedule mode with a wrong mode at this time of the day according to the planning.

I tried all the usual STOP/START, clean uninstall/install of the android app.

On the web page it display the Mode tab with the right current mode but when i click on it i got a loading popup that never ends (I tried on multiple PC/WIFI/location/browser)

Tonstar1
Luminary
Luminary
Take a cam down take out batts reboot base station re sync cam it will be back
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC