Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi

I've recently installed my 5 camera Arlo Pro system. I'm quite happy thus far, still evaluating, but I do have one really big issue...

I'm the main user of the system, my wife the secondary user. I'm running Android 7.1.1 on a OnePlus 3T. My wife is running an iPhone 5S, not sure which OS version. I've already flagged the Arlo app to not be optimized on my phone.

The problem is that we get logged out of the mobile app, automatically, 2-3 times a day. On my mobile phone I get the message 'Account not found for pub/sub request'. As far as I can see, on my wife's mobile phone theres no such message, she just has to log in again. My opinion is it's a bug in the app. Please see the link for a screenshot: Screen Shot.

This is indeed a BIG issue for me because I make 100% use of the notfications to monitor my home security. If I'm not logged in, I get no notifications. I'm not interested in getting emailed from the system - its not instant, and I don't want Arlo emails flooding my mailbox. The other problem I'm going to have in the future is with the Geofence mode, as soon as its out of beta that is. If you're not logged in, Geofence mode is useless.

Please advise why the above happens, and, if possible from my side, how to solve the issue? If this is indeed a bug, please see the urgent need to fix it. I do rely on my Arlo Pro as my main security system in my home, exactly what its markted to be.

I'd appreciated your help on this issue.

Thank You

13 REPLIES 13
steve_t
Master Master
Master

There was a recent issue with the Android app. Netgear removed that version and the one available from the Google Play Store is back to an older one. There's probably a reasonable chance you've got the faulty one. Uninstall the app from your phone and reinstall from the play store. It should be the older app again and should hopefully fix your issue

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The faulty app was 2.4.3. The current version is 2.4.4 and works fine.
Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback. I've reinstalled the app, version number says 2.4.4_17405, released 06/29/2017. I must have checked my previous version number, which I did not, my bad. I'm getting the feeling this is not going to solve my issue though. I've downloaded the previous app on Friday 7 July, which I believe would have been the correct app? The other thing is that it also happens on my wife's iPhone 5S, not with this specific message, but she gets logged out, same like on my Android phone. I'll see how it goes now on the reinstalled app.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Do you log in through a single account or do you each have an account and your grant access to your wife?

If it's the former, then you logging in would automatically log your wife out and vice versa.

Not sure about the pub/sub issue though

Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Steve

I've granted access from my account. She has her own account. Thus, 2 seperate accounts.

Thanks

Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm still having this issue. What I did not mention was that I logged in via finger print identification. I'm logging in with my password now to see if it might make a difference.

Shrick
Apprentice
Apprentice

After logging in by password instead of fingerprint, I'm still having the issue. The same message pops up as specified earlier in this post. Netgear / Arlo, please reply on my issue. I can't believe that I'm the only user having this issue? Are there anybody else experiencing this problem?! Just again some system information...

OS Version: Android 7.1.1

Phone: OnePlus 3T

App Version: 2.4.4_17405

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Shrick,

I've not been able to replicate this error. I recommend opening a support case on this issue with the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

MattOH
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the same problem.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MattOH,

Are you able to log in using the web client? Are you only seeing an issue logging in to the mobile app?

JamesC

jr19
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having this same problem. Has anyone found a solution? It's not a huge deal since I'm using my fingerprint to sign-in, but it's one extra step that I have to go through almost every time I check a notification.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I use fingerprint authentication on one Android device and get this message.  As far as I'm concerned the "pub/sub" message shouldn't be there but that's not the issue.  If you want to have the app automatically log you in, turn off the fingerprint option in Settings, Profile, Fingerprint.  That way the app will use your saved credentials to automatically log in.

NSoregon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue, plus takes 10 to 16 seconds to pull up a live feed. I wish i never bought this.