Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Missing Videos

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ever since upgrading to Arlo Smart, I am seeing more instances of videos not appearing in my library. I received a notification of a person detected at 1:27pm (screenshot of notification attached) and when I went to my app and looked at videos in my library at 2:04, there was no video. (2nd screenshot of library).

I've seen this happening a few times but this is the first time i documented it.

Anyone else seeing this?Screenshot_20180803-140417.pngScreenshot_20180803-140439.png

7 REPLIES 7
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Im not missing videod but am seeing other odd things. Double videos of same video in library. The man lights up orange for no reason sometimes while camera is disarmed. Motion detection issues and battery drain getting worse ( losing 10% a night disarmed) and signal strength issues on and off. I have smart also. When they did the may firmware update it fixed all the issues. But then they did 2 more updates and now all the issues have came back. So im guessing your issues are firmware related.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would check and make sure you don't have any SMART filters turned on...

( settings/manage smart/then cameras )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
consoul_cable
Aspirant
Aspirant

Came here to report the same thing, for the past few weeks I've noticed two different issues:
1st, the alerts with no accompanying video in the library (four alerts with images this morning with no video saved)
2nd, I have one cam set to start recording on movement and also start a second cam (both ends of the front of the house) the first one trips and the second cam never records. This used to work flawlessly when they release the feature.

MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice
I've checked all my settings and nothing has changed on my end except I now pay $10 a month and it is not working the way it did when I was recommending the system to friends and family. Very frustrating.
consoul_cable
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cant pinpoint when this stopped working correctly, can you?
Also, I havent pulled my thumbdrive from the base to confirm the videos arent their either. Has anyone else?

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Mine has just started missing videos and also not triggering other cameras that are set to record on movement from a specific camera. Example this morning camera 2 set of camera's 1& 4 like it is supposed to and in the video you can see the IR light from cameras 2 come on but no video from this camera. Earlier in the night camera 5 recorded vide and is supposed to trigger camera 3 but no video. I'll check my USB tonight to see if it recorded there. 

MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice