Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

I recently noticed that I'm no longer able to view ANY videos for my Arlo Pro.
It's been missing for at least a week - probably two weeks.

Items that I've tried troubleshooting with:
Since I had a USB connected - I verified that it wasn't full AND I disconnected it (to remove any possibilities of blame on my half)
I restarted everything twice.
I also logged online to see if the videos were available.

I am glad Arlo is not my primary means of security, as this is unacceptable. I also purposely tested it out by walking across one of the cameras at night and seeing a notification - but have never been able to view the videos.

I just literally retested one of the cameras. In the app, it notifies me as an action has occurred, the bubble shows that I have a video (in the main screen), but when I go into the library, there is nothing there.

Please fix. I understand there is a 7 day window for me to view videos, and I hope I'm still able to view these videos (at least once) before they get removed, please.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

On the first week of January, I continued testing the cameras for missing cloud videos - it was still happening. Since there was no resolution or feedback being provided by netgear, I opted to return the items while I still had the chance.

Good luck to any other users having the same issues.

If I had to wager an educated guess, I would assume that using TOO much of the cloud storage will cause "issues" and you're on your own (even though it should be auto deleting regardless of what I do or don't do)

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

The test I did just now shows up when I log in, HOWEVER, the previous test I completed prior to this complaint still does not show up.

It technically was working for a day or so after I restarted a few days ago, but those videos have gone missing again.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Test and see if videos are there on a computer... https://arlo.netgear.com/

this will show if it's the system or the app... apps lately have produced a few bugs , esp on iOS

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

I apologize for not being explicit enough.

Yes, I have started reviewing the videoes using the arlo website instead of the app.

Only 3-4 videoes, out of over a dozen notifications from the last week or two have shown up.
The video that still shows up was after I lodged a complaint on the forums lol
But this could change considering it hasn't been over 24 hours yet.

The other videos that did show up, happened earlier this week for less than 12 hours and disappeared completely. (This was in the app.)

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The 7 day storage is rolling... on day 8, day 1 is deleted, etc

So if any of the videos your looking for are older than 7 days, they are gone.

Morse is faster than texting!
alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

I understand and agree about the 7 day rolling period, but you have failed to address the ROOT CAUSE of my issue: why aren't my videos showing up? Logging into the website on PC doesn't show the videos, so you can't really blame the app.

I have two notifications pop up (one is still on my screen and says the time of alert is 1.53 AM EST on one of my cameras), but no videos anywhere.....

This is the problem with wireless cameras. I hope this is resolved soon or I have to do a return (luckily Costco is too legit to quit with their return policy)

I checked in with my main security cameras. The good news is, at 1.53.28 AM, it looks like a possum was wandering around. But according to the rules set up in place, it should've caught and recorded it (esp based on angle and settings at 80%)

alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

12.25 PM - 2 videos missing

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Are you using smartthings? If so, do you have arlo integrated into smartthings?

alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

No Smartthings, just a wired connection to hub. Nothing extra is attached to the hub, no USB dongles, etc

Something changed on Arlo/Netgear's side recently (within last two weeks) as I have not had any problems until recently.
Two weeks ago, when I first noticed missing videos, I unplugged USB flash drive and restarted (just in case flash drive had some stupid issue related to it) The flash drive I had initially connected to it was a 64 GB flash drive, and wasn't close to half way full. Maybe 40% full, although this probably doesn't matter since I'm still having issues with missing videos without the flash drive.

alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

videos have recently been resumed and there are no longer any missing videos.

Previously reported missing videos (which are technically still within the 7 day time frame) are still missing - there have been 0 changes on my part except I now log in to the online website to change my Modes (armed / not armed) since app is unstable.

alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

On the first week of January, I continued testing the cameras for missing cloud videos - it was still happening. Since there was no resolution or feedback being provided by netgear, I opted to return the items while I still had the chance.

Good luck to any other users having the same issues.

If I had to wager an educated guess, I would assume that using TOO much of the cloud storage will cause "issues" and you're on your own (even though it should be auto deleting regardless of what I do or don't do)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What troubleshooting steps did you perform? Did you try and reboot or factory reset the base station? Did you check which firmware the unit was using?

alarmingscarlet
Guide
Guide

My initial message actually listed the troubleshooting steps.

I did not factory reset the base station.

Firmware version was the latest.

For the sake of Arlo's argument, let's assume "factory resetting the base station" was the solution.
You're telling me that randomly or whenever the user discovers videos STOPPED saving to the cloud, they have to factory reset the main device in order to save videos again? That's ridiculous. That is a lot of IFs, not to mention extremely unreliable.

I have successfully returned the cameras and the total amount of money lost was the $50 charging accessory, which - for the 6-12 months that I used the Arlo cameras, is technically a good trade off.

I do appreciate the attempted follow up after I had closed out the ticket.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@alarmingscarlet

Thank you for your feedback. If you do have any future questions I will be here to assist you.