Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

l see the siren in my device info but no longer have access to enable my siren. Has it been removed from the apps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

top of page when Arlo opened...circled in yellow in WEB

Still appears under devices in Android ( base icon with bell )

Capture.JPG

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you seen the small BLUE BELL icon at top of page on right side.... it was moved ( from camera box )

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Top of this page? What about the blue bell icon? Why was it removed from the app. What if I want to enable it on a break in? How am I suppose to alert anybody they have trespassed on my property?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

top of page when Arlo opened...circled in yellow in WEB

Still appears under devices in Android ( base icon with bell )

Capture.JPG

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Ok I see it now. It's hidden in the in the iPhone app. There is a small line pull down. Much better place in case of accidentally enabled. Thanks.

brh
Master
Master

@Chillmiester

The Blue Bell is visible on the PC IDE, but I don't see any Blue Bell in my App.

I can no longer find a way to manually turn the siren on in the app. It looks like that has been removed.

You can set it up to activate in the Rules for each camera

Frank729
Tutor
Tutor
I agree. I had my siren set up in my devices so it could be activated manually from the app in case of a break in. It is no longer available in the updated iOS app but had been moved to the “Blue Bell” in the browser version which is useless if I’m not at my computer. Netgear, please add this feature back to the app.
brh
Master
Master

@Chillmiester

OK, I see it now. Thanks for finding it.

Brian

brh
Master
Master

@Frank729

Ok, @Chillmiester found it. There is a tiny green bar at the top of the app page. You have to slide down eith your finger or thumb. If you did not know it was there, you would never find it. LOL

Brian

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

In devices. There is a greyish line. Top middle of the ios app. Scroll down.

Frank729
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks @Chillmiester. Got it now. Sure wasn’t blatantly obvious. I think I like the the old button better. You still had to confirm so you didn’t trigger the siren accidentally.
Whitefog
Tutor
Tutor

OMG, spent an hour trying to find out where the siren icon went??

You now have to pull the thin line down on top of the devices page and it will show alarm which you can toggle on and off.

Thanks Arlo for not notifying us of this obtuse update.  You owe an hour of the life back!

Booman51
Aspirant
Aspirant
Where in your iPhone is the siren button I went through every setting on my iPhone and saw no siren, all kinds of Arlo settings but no siren, can you please help me.
Booman51
Aspirant
Aspirant
I found the gray line and pulled down on it and it says alarm do I push it or how do i set it up.
Whitefog
Tutor
Tutor
Boomman51,

The hard part is finding the thin line under devices and pulling it down to reveal the alarm icon.

If your alarm goes off this is where you pull it down to turn it off. Also if you want to turn it on, someone in your house, pull down and select alarm..

Hope that helps.
Booman51
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you very much for your help
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I know this has already been solved, but just wanted to add some info.......

The alarm button was also moved on the android app as well, to the top of the devices page, it's a pull down tab. When I was notified by the google play store that the arlo app had an update, I went to the store and looked at the "what's new" section for the arlo app and it told me right there that the alarm button had been moved and where it was. I assume the apple store has the same info.

Moral of the story is........ I way I do it is I don't let the google store (or the apple store) automatically update my apps. I set it to not auto-update and to just notify me when an update is available. Then when I'm notified an update is available, I go into the store and always read the what's new section first to see what changes have been implemented.

HC3255
Aspirant
Aspirant
Please go back to the other siren button.
Mguerreiro
Aspirant
Aspirant
For god sake
I took more than hour trying to find out the siren button
Tks arlo for this !!!
DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's really not that difficult.  Really.

Once you know where it is, a little flick of the finger is all it takes to make it visible.

There were complaints from people because they were accidentally (for some reason) setting it off in the old position.

So................ Netgear listened to people and responded by moving it.

Now there are complaints on the new position.

I didn't realize that users accessed the siren feature so much.

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Mguerreirowrote:
For god sake
I took more than hour trying to find out the siren button
Tks arlo for this !!!

By the way. Just an FYI.

If you typed in "Siren Button" in the search the community. It would have been the first thread that came up.

Would have saved you 59 minutes and 50 seconds! LOL Smiley Happy

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Not to mention that when the version came out where they moved the siren button, in the google play store, in the what's new section, it told you the button had moved and where. I assume the apple store had similar info. Could have saved the whole 60 minutes if people would just read the what's new section before installing a new app. (turn off auto-update of apps as well)

Whitefog
Tutor
Tutor
David,

Yes, you are correct it is very easy once you know where the line is located.. Perhaps you all could have let us know before the change, thus saving everyone allot of time and frustration.
Appreciate the reply.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@Whitefogwrote:
David,

Yes, you are correct it is very easy once you know where the line is located.. Perhaps you all could have let us know before the change, thus saving everyone allot of time and frustration.
Appreciate the reply.

Netgear/Arlo did tell everyone that the siren button was moved and where it was moved to. When the version came out that moved the button, the information was posted in the google play store under the "what's new" section and also posted in the apple store under the "what's new in this version" section. Turn off auto-update of apps and read the what's new section before updating any app.

RCC77
Aspirant
Aspirant

The ability to set off the audible alarm is not available on my app.  I can set it off from the desktop.  Any suggestions on how to get this ability on the app?

Thank You