Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Missing Events. Didn't notify me with any motion.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Auntie_qotu
Follower
Follower

I have alot of problems where my camera misses events. for example a family member stopped by and danced in my driveway because they are weird. the 2 cameras that are set up pointed in that direction only picked up them driving away. someone tried to break in to my car this morning and it only shows them leaving my vehicle not coming up to it. This is ridiculous. Your cameras are a crap ton of money for crappy recording. I even pay for monthly service. The activity zones dont work. a squirrel will set my cameras off but a person walking around my car and trying to get in doesnt???? Come on Arlo you can do better then that.

2 REPLIES 2
rlisk
Guide
Guide

Happens to me all the time.  This is certainly not a completely reliable product.  It is good, but far from great, and at times short of adequate.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Auntie_qotu,

If your camera is not detecting motion properly, try optimizing motion detection from your camera to see if that helps. You can refer to this article: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo camera?

And with the activity zone problem you're having, try to delete the activity zone and re-create it again.