Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ThermoDyn
Star
Star

I have started to notice that once an event is triggered and a recording is made - if something else happens within a short period of time - it doesn't trigger.

For example - if I leave the house at 7:40 - motion triggers, recording is made.   If my wife leaves at 7:52, nothing happens.  If Amazon arrives at the house at 8:11 - motion triggers, recording is made. (This is exactly what happened today).  

Is there a minimum time between triggering that needs adjustment somewhere? 

This seems to be a recent change - before I would always get the 7:40 event and the 7:50 event - which is what I want to happen so I can make sure everything is locked up properly and the kids are off to school on time.

This could also be a risk if someone comes up - sees the camera, retreats - then comes back forces the door, covers camera etc to penetrate.  I would never know the second thing happened.

Thanks

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

So basically - if you are live viewing through the app - the motion doesn't trigger a recording.

As mentioned ,Yes.

Live view over rides the ARMED record mode...tho you can manually start a record session any time you are live viewing by clicking on the "target" icon

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That shouldn't be happening.  There is a reset period but it's on the order of 15-30 seconds at most. My guess would be that your wife isn't presenting the same target that you or Amazon is - size, path, speed, something that isn't catching her.  You likely should spend some time testing to see if increasing sensitivity or camera position or something else would help.

ThermoDyn
Star
Star

Interesting - ok - I will test this some more. I have the sensitivity up around 80% and it gets her when she comes home in the afternoon so I don't think that is the issue.  

I think it might have happened becuase I was live viewing at the time.  Not actually watching but listening.

So basically - if you are live viewing through the app - the motion doesn't trigger a recording.

Have I got that right?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
You got it. Li e view would be a definite reason.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As mentioned ,Yes.

Live view over rides the ARMED record mode...tho you can manually start a record session any time you are live viewing by clicking on the "target" icon

Morse is faster than texting!
ThermoDyn
Star
Star

Perfect - thanks!