Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Microphone not working for Arlo Pro. Tried reinstalling. Shows grayed out on iPhone.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rooog8
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the last few months I have noticed my microphone icon is grayed out.  I figured it was due to a release or Arlo working on it, but I just re-installed the app and it still doesnt work.

The Arlo firmware I am using is 1.14.0.2_2276 and Arlo Hardware is VMB4000r3.  I have an iPhone x and using iOS 12.4 (Most Current).   I am also not able to use the microphone whil on my computer.  Can someone tell me what is going on?  Its been like this for at least 6 months.

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Rooog8,

Are you the admin account or the grant access account? Could you also show a screenshot where your microphone icon is showing greyed out?

Rooog8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, Yes I am the Admin.  Here is a screen shot of the app.  I circled the microphone I used to be able to use to speak with.Arlo.png

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the screenshot. That would actually be the sound detection icon. You can read here on how to enable sound detection: How do I enable or disable motion or sound detection?

If you want to use the microphone to speak, you'll need to play the live stream and you will see a microphone icon to use the push-to-talk feature. To learn how to use the push-to-talk feature, read this article: What is the push-to-talk feature on my Arlo camera and how does it work?