Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Microphone icon not showing Android

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice

I see where iOS had an issue with the microphone icon isn't showing that support fixed, however my wife's Android has the same issue and nothing has helped

Cleared cache and data

Rebooted

Logged out and back in

Uninstalled then rebooted then re-installed the app

Samsung Note5 stock

Verizon

Running Nougat, fully patched

My phone is just fine

Help please

Rick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice
The fix for me, which support couldnt find was to enable the allow access rights in the grant access page. Basically making her an admin

Good luck

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is her phone logging into your account or does she have her own and is granted access?

Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi Steve,

Her own account and yes, she has been granted access.  She created her account based on the invite that was sent to her when I granted her access.

Rick

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I thought that might be the case. I'm sure I read elsewhere that you need to go into the settings and grant her access to the mic specifically?? And to ensure that her app has access to her phone's mic as well

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm missing something.  Where are you enabling that setting?  I just looked at both the Grant Access settings as well as audio settings for a camera. There's nothing about granting access to the mic.

Toy4RickS
Apprentice
Apprentice
The fix for me, which support couldnt find was to enable the allow access rights in the grant access page. Basically making her an admin

Good luck