Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Charging station.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Haulero
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does anyone know where to find a charging station.... ONLY charging station. I think it's kinda silly that Arlo sells the charging station with the cable and the wall adapter. I already have a cable and the wall adapter so why do I need another one?? it would be cheaper to buy charging station only.

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

It comes how it comes, but I don't think it's silly for the charging station to come with a power adapter and cable. I think it's silly for the spare batteries to come with a power adapter and cable since you either have to have a camera or a charging station to charge the battery and they already come with one!

Haulero
Apprentice
Apprentice

It's ok. I found a cheaper way to charge my batteries. No need to uninstall the cameras (bring them down) I just plug it, let it charge (2 hours or less to get full charge) unplug it, and charge another one. Arlo.jpg

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Awesome that it works! I tried charging my Arlo Pro with my Samsung fast charging phone charger and it didn't work 😞

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Haulero

All good that works for you. I guess your setup is good when there's good weather outside and maybe not leave at night for moisture build up..  

Haulero
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes. I'm not planning on leaving it plugged all the time, just enough to charge the battery. I'm just gonna use it when I know it's not gonna rain and I'm staying at home to make sure. It only takes a couple of hours to charge anyways, so it'll be fine.

Haulero
Apprentice
Apprentice

Your charger may be bad? I have a few fast charging chargers (wall adapters) from my samsung phones and they all charge the cameras. I know I tried with a regular charger and it didn't work tho.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Haulero wrote:

Your charger may be bad? I have a few fast charging chargers (wall adapters) from my samsung phones and they all charge the cameras. I know I tried with a regular charger and it didn't work tho.

Maybe. We have 3 fast charging samsung chargers so I could give another one a go but I'm happy enough just to use the charger that came with the Arlo Pro