Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mic problem. I can talk to them but I can’t hear responses. Doesn't work properly on Apple devices.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Dee1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

The microphone function (speak and hear) worked before. When I login and select a camera I can hear everything, it works great, then if I use the Mic and release button, I can’t hear anything coming from that camera anymore. I have to completely log out and log back in then I can hear from the camera again until I use the mic and the same thing happens again.

It all started after I updated our apple devices to the newest version. I’m positive that this is he problem because when I get on our desk top and use that mic it works correctly. It just doesn’t work on any of our apple devices. 

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Dee1977,

What iOS device are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your phone device to see if that helps? Is this also happening on the web client on your computer?

Dee1977
Aspirant
Aspirant

The problem happens on my iPhone 6, my husbands iphone6s plus, and my iPad Air. It does not happen on our desk top App. And yes, I did try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. Still did that same thing. I chatted with support several days ago and they said they would let me know. It’s been several days and I’ve not heard anything, no updates, no “we’re still working on it”, nothing. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You mentioned that you haven't heard back from the support team yet. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather information from you.

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have had this problem for over a year. It used to work, but not anymore. 

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi harley239,

Have you tried contacting the Support Team to help you out with push-to-talk not working? You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.