Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Merging Arlo Pro, 5 camera account with Arlo Q, one camera account

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

I want to have an Arlo Pro five camera system on one account and have a single Arlo Q on it's own different account.  Each account will have a different login and both accounts will be on the same WiFi system.  Is it possible to merge the Arlo Q account with the Arlo Pro account by way of the grant access feature and still maintain free cloud storage status for all of my Arlo cameras?  If so which account should I merge with the other account?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@oillogger

Yes it is possible.

Brian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@oillogger

Yes it is possible.

Brian

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks!

oillogger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Setting up the new second account profile on the same computer was tedious for some undetermined reason and eventually was achieved after a few attempts.  Adding the camera to the new account was only slowed by my simple errors.  Granting the access to my original account was also tedious due to the verification emails unexpectedly taking over one hour to be received and deployed to me by my email server.  I'm not sure of why the delay.  This resulted in me sending out 4-5 verification emails as I was thinking there was some other issue occurring.  I granted all access rights allowed but it will not allow a few settings to be changed by the guest account.  In the guest account I can only record, playback, delete or download files, live view, and select  modes.  All mode creation and settings as well as detection zones and other camera settings have to be set in the original account for the shared camera.  This adventure was "a three hour cruise" but one I am glad was finally successful and did not end up a shipwreck.  FYI, to help insure I could have two accounts opened at the same time I had one of the accounts opened in an incognito window. Hopefully the details in my reply will assist someone else.