Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Manual Selective Siren at two locations

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
devaja
Star
Star

So here's the setup....I have one account with two locations monitored.

The first location has an Ultra smarthub with 3 Pro 4 cameras attached to it. The second location has an older VMB4000r3 Base station with two older Pro cameras attached to it. I assume if someone manually clicks the shield in the mobile app to activate the siren it will - go off on the 3 Pro 4 cameras and then also on the VMB4000 since they are all on the same account? What I would like would be some way to only setoff the siren on the VMB4000 in case of a personal safety issue arises with the person at that location. Is this doable or are we talking about creating and paying for another Arlo account as the only option?

Thanks for any advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have two VMB4000 Base stations on one account and when I select the manual siren button after tapping the shield icon it gives me a choice of which base station siren to operate.

Are you saying that you do not have similar options?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
I have two VMB4000 Base stations on one account and when I select the manual siren button after tapping the shield icon it gives me a choice of which base station siren to operate.

Are you saying that you do not have similar options?
devaja
Star
Star

Ahh I'm an idiot thanks...I "assumed" that the Activate Siren red huge button was the only selection and afraid to test under current circumstances. I do see options after pressing that for the Base station and the 3 Pro 4 cameras. Nevermind...thanks again. 

Dannybear
Master
Master
You’re not an idiot and certainly not alone in thinking that a big red button with “Activate Siren” would not generate the intended action. Must have been a Friday afternoon task for the software developer.