Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ThermoDyn
Star
Star

This is regarding the Android application and I have an Arlo Pro.  Whenever I launch the app on my phone it asks for a login (or a fingerprint scan).  This is reasonable and I can understand why you would want that in a lot of cases.

However, my phone is already protected using a fingerprint scan so it would be nice if I could bypass that second scan.

So right now - I get a notification - fingerprint scan once to get into phone, then finger print scan again to get into the app.

Simply making the app have a "remember login" or "require login every time" or "save credentials"  as an option in settings would be nice.

I believe the IOS app stays logged in as I don't have to authenticate every time.

p.s. Thanks for enabling print scanning - if I had to enter a secure password everytime it would be very frustrating.

Thanks!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I use the fingerprint for access into the  S7, but regular log in to the Arlo app...

Not an issue logging into the as as it remembers the User/PW... never log out, just hit home button that throws it into background but dormant.

Same with IOS, just swipe out , never log out.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

Just turn off the fingerprint login in settings, mine goes straigh in now. Galaxy S7 Edge.

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!
Judeismyname
Aspirant
Aspirant

When you log out from your mobile app, did you log in to a computer? Because you will be logged out from your mobile app in that case. 

MarkC
Luminary
Luminary

You can only ever be logged in once across all platforms/apps. However mine always remembers the password and goes straight back in automatically every time irrespective. It then simply logs the other instance out.

I ditched Arlo! As a Company they hold their Customers/Us in complete contempt! We beta test producs for them, the products only work properly for ~70% of the time at best!

If you are serious about your home or work security then look elsewhere! Get a ip Camera System with an NVR and some Blink XT cameras to cover the places you cannot run a cable to. You will NEVER regret moving away from Arlo!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I use the fingerprint for access into the  S7, but regular log in to the Arlo app...

Not an issue logging into the as as it remembers the User/PW... never log out, just hit home button that throws it into background but dormant.

Same with IOS, just swipe out , never log out.

Morse is faster than texting!
ThermoDyn
Star
Star

Ahhh - nice - thanks!