Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Magnectic Mount - single screw

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
billandr
Tutor
Tutor

I'm using the various magnectic mounts and I find that just using that single screen and then "hanging" the mount seems really loose.  I try to get the screw as far down as possible to support still grabbing the slot; but it's still not a very firm hold; it doesn't fall etc; but if I attempt to adjust the camera - because the magnet is stronger than the hold on the wall - it will just come off.

Am I missing something? (e.g. remove metal part and tighten the screw? or double sided tape?)

Any help would be apprecaited; otherwise I'll have to use the three screw wall mounts instead; I'm using one of those and it's a much more firm hold on the wall 🙂

This is important because I'm thinking that the ceiling magetic mount would be nice as well; but not sure if that mounts more firmly to the ceiling or does it have this same "hack" of a slide onto a single screw?

3 REPLIES 3
billandr
Tutor
Tutor

wanted to add to the above message; the screw is secure (using the dry wall using the anchor) - I'm talking about the the actual mount itself comes off easily because it's just hanging pretty loosely on the screw.  I'd like to tighten it. (I am thinking double side tape may be required)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The Highness comes from the screw being closely adjusted for the mount to be tight. Try giving it too much to allow the mount to be attached and then back off an eighth of a turn until you can barely get it on.
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

I live in a high wind area so even with the screw really tight, the mount could still move left and right and move the camera.  So my solution was using the 3M picture tape.  You know the ones you buy from Target to use to hang picture frames?   It does a good job from stopping the mount from shifting and easily removable if needed.