Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

MY CAMERA IS NOT SYNCING

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FABIANO215
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought a Pro camera and it not syncing with the station base. I tried several times, removed all devices including the base and still can't connect. This is very frustrating! Please help. Thank you!
9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the LEDs on the base and the camera doing/showing? You should have at least 2 green LEDs on the base, power and Internet.  If not, you have problems. The camera LED should blink blue immediately after inserting the battery if the battery is good. There have been cases of bad batteries so try syncing with the camera plugged into the charger. Also, be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it.

Give as many details as possible for fastest help.

FABIANO215
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. The lights on the base are green. I press the st c button on top and then the camera sync light blinks. I go to the second step to sync the camera, quickly press the sync button on camera but does not sync. The amber light flashes in tervals of 5 to 7 seconds. I charged the battery last night. I just got this camera and this was the initial set up so, could the battery be bad? If so, I guess I should contact them for a replacement?
Thank you!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A slow blinking amber cameraLED indicates a weak battery which is why you're not syncing. That's why I suggested trying to sync while plugged in. When it's plugged in doe the blue LED ever go solidly on which denotes the battery being fully charged? It takes ~2.5 hours to fully charge. If you can determine there's a problem with the battery, swap at the store.

FABIANO215
Aspirant
Aspirant
The battery was charged all night so it couldn't be low battery. I read God when I ask for help so I did what you sad I block to end the camera yet I couldn't sync my camera. I think I am going to call them tomorrow and find out what's going on
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If the fully charged blue LED on the camera isn't lit when plugged in, it's not fully charged. Be sure to use the Arlo powr supply since it supplies the needed 9v to actually charge the battery - normal USB chargers supply only 5v.

If you want to contacts support, be sure to use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. There are fake "support" sites that charge and won't do anything useful for you anyways.

FABIANO215
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't recall seeing the blue LED light however I used only the accessories I got from Arlo with the camera to charge the battery and that battery was charging for over 8 hours. How long would it take for that battery to fully charge?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A charge takes less than 3 hours. Check Settings, My Devices, your camera, Camera LED and set it to be on. When fully charged, it will light the blue LED on the camera face. I would also pop the battery out and reinsert, watching the camera face to see if the blue LED blinks when the battery is fully seated. If neither of these things work, it's either a bad battery or camera. You should be able to remove the battery and plug it in using the charger to run the camera. If you can sync it then, it would imply a bad battery. Do you have another camera? Swap batteries to see what happens - that should nail it down.

Again, the simple thing to do is to swap at the store.

FABIANO215
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi.
Well I noticed that the camera work (live) while is plugged in but If I unplugged the cord it will stop recording and the amber light comes on. Is this a battery oroblem?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, the slow amber blink means a dead battery. Charge it up and all should be good unless the battery is faulty. If so, open a case with support.