Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mordavo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Something strange has happened tonight. I have a camera set up for my mother in law in Florida (I'm in Michigan) and there are 3 of us who get notifications on our phones. Tonight the sound stopped on all 3 phones. We still get the notifications, and the phones vibrate, but the sound has stopped. This doesn't bother me a whole lot, but my mother in law is very scared (which is why we got Arlo in the first place). 

Any ideas? This is very perplexing. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mordavo. I had the same thing happen to me a couple days ago after updating the Arlo app on my Android phone to the latest version. I continued to receive push notifications but my phone would only vibrate and not play the usual notification tone. I fixed this issue by going to

Settings (click three little bullets in the upper right-hand corner);

click on Notifications;

toggle Vibrate off and then select the Notification Tone that you would like to use.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean sound on the alerts stopped?

If so, The fact that three lost sound at the same time and your still getting push alerts, leaves me to believe it isn't your end

If you mean the audio from the Pro , then I would reboot the base by the power button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mordavo. I had the same thing happen to me a couple days ago after updating the Arlo app on my Android phone to the latest version. I continued to receive push notifications but my phone would only vibrate and not play the usual notification tone. I fixed this issue by going to

Settings (click three little bullets in the upper right-hand corner);

click on Notifications;

toggle Vibrate off and then select the Notification Tone that you would like to use.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Great catch!  I normally don't scour app updates to see what changed but this is potentially a big one for folks who have been asking to be able to set a unique notification sound for Arlo.  Why it defaults to no sound, just vibration, is a bit weird but perhaps it's to force us to look into it like you did.

Thanks!

Mordavo
Aspirant
Aspirant

That worked perfectly! My mother in law is extremely happy. And when momma's happy, everyone is happy. 🙂  Thank you!

mbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anytime. Glad I could help!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

the new feature works well too... Now when Arlo goes off the sound is a bird chirping 🙂

Morse is faster than texting!
chung30
Tutor
Tutor

Oh Yeah, this new Notification feature was set to Vibrate on V2.3.1 for me. I lost my sound notifcation for days which I really like to have.

I was messing with it for 3 days after update, then unstalling and re-installing. I even did a phone OS system restore which is not necessary. huge pain. Stil no sound notification, only vibrate a little.

Then, I find this by accident and also read a post today to confirm.

Goto [Setting], then elect [Notification], slide the bar on Vibrate to off, and select [Notification Tone] to pick a sound. 

There is also LED color to choose from, and Blinking frequency.

TomMac wrote:

the new feature works well too... Now when Arlo goes off the sound is a bird chirping 🙂