Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live streaming

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Flower214
Initiate
Initiate

I try to pull up a device/camera  on live mode but within a minute it times out and have to refresh to keep watching. Any ideas how to fix this.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Flower214 wrote:

I try to pull up a device/camera  on live mode but within a minute it times out and have to refresh to keep watching. Any ideas how to fix this.

Is this happening with both the app and a PC?  If not, which device is giving you this behavior?

If this is just the app, then are you connected to your home wifi?

Flower214
Initiate
Initiate

I haven't tried it on my phone just the pc.  It does it on all four cameras. I had a professional install. Each is on a power source not battery. They also installed a "super" (I have no idea what to call it) booster so that wifi would be strong.  

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Flower214 wrote:

I haven't tried it on my phone just the pc.  It does it on all four cameras. I had a professional install. Each is on a power source not battery. They also installed a "super" (I have no idea what to call it) booster so that wifi would be strong.  

I think you should check to see if this also happens on the phone.

If you can power down the "booster" for a bit, it would also be good to try streaming w/o it - if only to rule that out.