Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Launch app and automatically stream all cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Shek5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sir/Ma'am,

I'm wondering . ..  when I launch my Arlo App on my iPad & it opens to the Devices . . . all of them are opend in a 'still mode' & I must his the "LIVE" button to see the liver camera footage.  My question, is it possible to lauch the Arlo App & have it open w/ all cameras actively streaming (upon opening)?  

Thanks for your time & I appreciate anyone that takes the time to read & respond to my question.

Regards,

Shek5150

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Being a motion based recording system the default is to have all cameras not being live when the app is opened but they do give you the option if and when you want to see a live view on one or ore cameras.

If this was to be allowed, batteries would die really quickly and bandwidth could also be an issue specially with users who have slower speeds.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Being a motion based recording system the default is to have all cameras not being live when the app is opened but they do give you the option if and when you want to see a live view on one or ore cameras.

If this was to be allowed, batteries would die really quickly and bandwidth could also be an issue specially with users who have slower speeds.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Simple answer - no

Shek5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

Streak2,

Thank you for your reply & the info provided... . I guess my thought was . . . if I receive an 'Alert' from Arlo .. .  then when I log on to the Arlo App., I'd like the cameras to all be active so that I may immediately see what's going on at that moment?  (((-vs- taking the time to activate every camera))) . . . I just think I'd prefer the former . .. 

In any case, I realize the limitations of the system . .. but none-the-less, thanks to Streak2 for yoru response.

Regards,

Shek5150.

Shek5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

Steve_t,

Thank you for taking the time to reply; but regarding your replya "SImle Answer: No" .. .  not really helpful.

Regards.

Shek5150.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

No problem. Always happy to help with a succinct answer