Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I recently updated to the latest verison of the Arlo app (2.4.5) on my current generation iPad running the latest iOS (11.2.1).

I've noticed after tapping on a video in the library that the "Delete" icon (normally on the bottom all the way to the right) has gone missing when the iPad is held vertically (the icon defintely used to be there when held vertically). If I hold the iPad horizontally however, the "Delete" icon appears on the far right. Yet on my iPhones (running the same Arlo app and iOS versions) the Delete icon is there both vertically and horizontally. Is anyone else having this issue? Perhaps a bug in the Arlo 2.4.5 app for iPad?

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ii'm not able to replicate the issue you describe. Try reinstalling the Arlo mobile app and see if you still experience the same behavior.

JamesC

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you for the reply. Yes, same behavior.

It's odd because it's only the "Delete" icon and only when held vertically. The other icons (Share, Download, etc) appear fine both ways but the "Delete" icon only appears when the iPad is held horizontally (sideways). The Arlo app itself appears fine and, as far as I can tell, everything else is working properly. It seems more like a sizing/display issue with the new version of the Arlo app (since this was working fine on the previous version of the Arlo app) and with this iPad model.

Are you testing on the latest generation iPad (model MP2G2LL/A) with a 9.7" screen? I don't know if the issue is different depending on the type of iPad. For example I'm thinking that the iPad Pro screens are larger and might show the icon fine because it has more screen real estate. If the Arlo app is designed off of the iPad Pro specs, this might explain why the "Delete" icon (since it's all the way to the far right) gets cut off on the 9.7" screen iPad.

Gungali18
Aspirant
Aspirant

I experienced the same issue today immediately following a download of an OS update to my IPad. I do not know the remedy. 

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Are you also using the latest generation iPad (model MP2G2LL/A) with a 9.7" screen? If so, I would be curious if the same issue is happening on the (larger screen) iPad Pros. Hopefully someone can test for us. For some reason I'm thinking that's why the "Delete" icon is getting cut off on the 9.7" screen.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not specifically able to replicate this issue but there is a support case opened on this. It's been escalated for further investigation.

JamesC

migman_2001
Luminary
Luminary
Try using the app in landscape mode.
I think the issue is only with the vertical mode.
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

It does work in landscape mode and that's a workaround but not a fix. The issue should still be fixed because it's a display/sizing issue which may result in other issues down the road if not resolved.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all,

I can confirm that engineering is aware of this issue, has been able to reproduce it, and is actively working on a fix. It was extremely helpful that you guys provided the details that it will work in landscape mode, but not portrait. This info helped speed up engineering's ability to reproduce it and get to work on a fix. Keep giving us great feedback, it's much appreciated!

Dawn Marshall
Community Manager, NETGEAR

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you Dawn (and JamesC)! I love my Arlo Pro system and this was my first time having an issue (and using this forum for help). Response has been fast and makes me feel even better about Arlo.

JHirschi
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem. Arlo 2.4.5 app on iPad Mini 4 running IOS 11.2.1. Delete icon is missing in portrait orientation, but reappears in landscape.

jescott3
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem on my iPad Mini 4 and iPad Air, but not on my iPhone 5s. I suspect someone used the landscape view code for that bottom row of icons instead of the proper code for portrait view. The wide spacing of the icons in the portrait or vertical view mode on an iPad supports this as the probable cause. Sloppy code writing and poor check/verify procedures will cause this kind of aggravating error every time.

arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

I believe DawnM said the fix is being worked on so we have to wait for it.

EricJP
Aspirant
Aspirant

My iPad doing exactly the same thing. Thanks for the info on holding it landscape. At least it’s a work around.