Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
FLE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Puchased Arlo Pro a couple of weeks ago as a birthday present for my husband. Spent at least 5 hours on the phone with support to no avail. No problem logging in on my Iphone Arlo app, but there is a huge problem logging in on my laptop using any browser.  I have tried Firefox, IE and Chrome to no avail. Everything has been updated, cache/cookies deleted, etc as per instructions from past posted problems. Very frustrating that Arlo can have a fantastic system, but fail in the monitoring aspect from a bigger view such as a computer or tv.  Has anyone found a fix for this? Is Arlo working on a solution for this? Preference is to view video from a larger screen such as a laptop or a television. Much easier to view for the 50 and over crowd.

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If it's working on your phone, no reason why it shouldn't work on your computer...

at https://arlo.netgear.com/

The biggest issue is most browser now days toggle off Flash by default which needs to be on for video.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
FLE
Aspirant
Aspirant

Flash is activated. Any other solutions would be appreciated. Even phone support people couldn't direct me to an answer that would produce the result.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

how is the base unit connected to the router? ( direct or thru extender )  what router ?

FLE
Aspirant
Aspirant
Base plugged directly into router. Router is a Netgear R6400 and firmware is up to date. We have also shut everything down and booted back up, pairing camera back to base. We have done that numerous times. When I try to login on Arlo page it acts like it’s going to go through, then just flashes back to login page.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only advice at this point is to try a different computer... I have no issues with multi laptops/computers and since the system works on your phone, maybe it is pointing to the laptop as the main issue ( btw what type of laptop ? )

FLE
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I first started trying to set up I was using a Toshiba, running windows 7. Support kept telling me to use the app and I was defient wanting to set up on laptop. I wound up setting up with the app because of the trouble with the laptop. That day  I was able to log in a couple of times, but nothing since then. I then went to my newer Toshiba running windows 10 and tried opening Arlo on both IE and Firefox to no avail. I have another computer that is older, running windows 7 that the hard drive was replaced on and tried to open arlo using Chrome, as I was instructed to install Chrome on my other computers when I was on the phone with support.  I didn't want to load another browser on my newest computer. This older laptop is strictly for TV entertainment, but wanted to try Chrome, since it was already in place.  I have tried to allow Adobe Flash player, but for some reason it keeps blocking it. I have even deleted flash and reinstalled to no avail. Both Chrome and Flash are up to date.  Any insight to this babbling would be appreciated.

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Are you using Kaspersky Internet security? If so you need to go into Kaspersky - settings -  protection - web anti-virus  - advanced settings - configure trusted URLs and add  https://arlo.netgear.com/

I was having the same problem on all browsers and this fixed it.

Hope this helps. Monica