Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Bugg32763
Follower
Follower
I have the app on my phone and lately i started noticing every time i go into the app i have to log in. I use to be able to open the app and start looking at my recordings, it is a bit annoying to have to put a password in every time I want to look at my recordings is there something that I can do to stop this from happening so often
8 REPLIES 8
jodygsmith
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didnt used to have to login every time that I got an alert on one of my cameras. One day i stopped getting alerts, and had to reboot my base station. Now i have to login every time on my Samsung 5S.

bmathis
Aspirant
Aspirant

A very similar thing has been happening to me for about the past week or so.  I have gone so far as to uninstall the app from my phone completely and reinstall it.  The 'timeout' period for authentication seems to be non-existant.  I have also noticed a similar issue when logging in from a PC browser.  No matter the browser (IE, Chrome, or Firefox), about the only way I can get logged in is in incognito mode.  Hoping this is a temporary bug to be resolved, soon!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a zillion messages about this here along with the workaround.

Start Arlo and get the message. Use the multitask button (one or two overlapping rectangles next the home button) and click on the "X" for Arlo. Start Arlo normally. Repeat as needed.

web200
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue. Is it a bug? I found an old forum entry where it was recommended to reinstall the mobile app and restart the base. I did that but there is no improvement.

I am using the android app on samsung s5.

Is there any way to log a support ticket?

thank you!

A.

Thewood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo has finally acknowleged the app is broken.  They say they are working on a fix.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the multitask button on the phone (1 or 2 squares next to the Home button) and click the "X" for Arlo. STart the app normally. It's a workaround so you'll likely need to keep doing that.

You can always open a ticket by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here and then again on the new page.

web200
Aspirant
Aspirant

Great!

Thank you! That worked! No need to re-enter the password! 🙂

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is aware of this issue and hopes to have a fix available very soon. We apologize for any inconvenience caused, I will provide an update as soon as I have more information on the fix.

JamesC