Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Keep getting alerts for sound trigger but it is motion trigger. Receiving false detections.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Canada1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Keep getting alerts for sound triggers when box is not checked off but when I look online the recording says it was a motion trigger. This started yesterday and I have gotten 184 alerts yesterday and only 5 where truly motion the rest were all wind, I think and same today up to 128 as of 5 pm. It has been very windy for the last 40 hours but the option for triggering on sound has been turned off since installation 2 months ago and verified yesterday and today. Help please, has there been another upgrade that is glitchy?

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Canada1,

If you are receiving false motion detection (not audio detection since it is checked off as you mentioned), try to reposition your camera to see if that helps or lower the motion sensitivity. See the following articles listed below to see if these will help you further:

But if you are still seeing detection that shows "audio," try to reboot your Base Station to see if that helps too.

Canada1
Aspirant
Aspirant

t keep gettting emails saying sound triggers, but when I go online to look at the clips they all say motion. I have not had this problem before 2 days ago. Motion sensitivity on all 4 cameras set at 80% for the last 8 weeks and has worked fine. It is really windy again today starting at around 9 am then I started getting all the emails, 43 so far as of 12:30 pm. All say sound triggers but again clips say motion. Last night i unchecked the box on 3 of the cameras for the microphone and I am still getting all the alerts. If it keeps up tomorrow I will try and reboot the system and resync all the cameras. It is a bit of pain due to the location of the cameras to remove and bring in to sync but if this continues I will have to try it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think you're trying to disable the mic in the wrong place - it has to be in your modes and rules. Specifically, deselect audio detection in each appropriate rule.