Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Razzle1980
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had an Arlo base station with four Arlo Pro 1 cameras for years. I recently added a fifth Arlo Pro 1 camera to the base station, and I'm having issues with it. Specifically, it goes in and out of being offline throughout the day. My app indicates that it has 2 bars of WIFI connectivity, so that's not an issue. I'm not sure what's going on. Perhaps a defective camera? My understanding is that I should be able to connect up to 5 cameras to the base station, so I'm not over capacity. Anyone have advice? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Razzle1980 wrote:

Anyone have advice? Thanks.

Swap the new camera with one in another location, and see if the problem moves with the camera or stays with the location.

Razzle1980
Aspirant
Aspirant
I actually did that yesterday and put the new camera next to one of my existing cameras, and I'm still getting the offline message. I think it might be a camera issue. Do the cameras have to be near the base station or should they be working as long as they have access to WiFi?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Razzle1980 wrote:
Do the cameras have to be near the base station or should they be working as long as they have access to WiFi?

Arlo Pro cameras connect to the base via closed wifi - they do not connect to your home wifi.