Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Issue with camera after firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
sjwwalsh
Follower
Follower

I received a 1-camera Arlo Pro system this morning (with a plan to buy more if I liked it!) and immediately took it out of the box to install.  Setup was a breeze and everything worked well, even saw my first recording on the cloud as I was syncing the devices.  The app then alerted me that I had firmware for the basestation and camera to install and that's where my headache began.  Basestation install went fine, no issues.  Camera then went through the update (before you ask, yes I had 100% battery life and I didn't pull the battery.)  At that point I lost the ability to see the feed in both live view "There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server" and positioning view.

After some troubleshooting steps such as reseting everything up, resyncing, rebooting, etc. I called support.  I repeated the same steps, entertaining the process.  Then the conversation turned to my internet speed 32/29MB, ok that's fine.  Then we moved on to the fact that my router was blocking ports.  What?!  I already saw my initial video pre-firmware update so unless my router magically implemented some port blocking, that's not the problem.  After a frustrated 30 minute call I stated "Is there any chance this new firmware broke my camera" to which I was told "no."

Before I return this product, I am curious, does the support community have any ideas?

Thanks all!

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you haven't already, I would open camera and pull battery, do a REMOVE DEVICE in settings

Do a factory reset of the base ( hold reset with paperclip till thefront leds flash amber; about 10 secs )

Bring back the camera as if neww with sync ( quick push on base sync button )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jcwrks
Luminary
Luminary

Disconnect your router and plug the base into your modem. Power off the modem for 1 min to release the router mac. Once you power the modem back on give it a min to boot and see if your Arlo works properly. If so then you know the issue is with your router. Worst case you can set a static dhcp for the Arlo and DMZ it.