Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary
It's windy and one of my cameras keeps triggering due to leaves, so I disabled the camera, but I still get notifications from that camera. It's freaking disabled! It shows disabled in the app. I reenabled/disabled a couple times, and it don't matter. So I check if it's recording. And I have zero recordings show up. Zero for all five cameras to top it off. Frustrated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

Wow!, I sure don't want to have to go through and factory reset everything and hope I don't have too. So far logging out of the app and restarting it has solve my problems...keeping my fingers crossed.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Temax
Tutor
Tutor

YES!!! Major (International) outage since Thurs morning around 2:00AM CST. MANY prople have complained to Arlo Cust Support. Some say tickets have been opened. Some support people won't acknowledge that there is an issue. Some support people admit issue is on their side.  Meanwhile, many people have NO system working and haven't since Thurs morning.

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary
Thanks for that info. I haven't noticed. But after resetting my base and that not helping, I was about to pull my camera down in frustration, because I have smartthings and when this particular camera triggers it also triggers lights. Anyways I logged out of the app, then logged back in and the app showed my camera not disabled like it should have been, and all my videos where there. I disabled my camera again and all seems to be working for now.
pooh347
Tutor
Tutor

This happened earlier this month where there was a system wide issue and users were not notified until like a day or two later.  My base has been offline for a day and half now.  I did all the normal troubleshooting - check and reconnected all connections, restart the base from the app, turned the base off and on and in fact left it off all night long.  Internet is working fine on all other devices and I did a line check through my provider and all is working fine.  I took the ethernet cable from the Arlo base and connected it to my laptop and turned off my laptop wifi so that I am working on the ethernet and all worked fine.  I contacted support thru live chat and she told me to reinstall the app, which I did on all devices and nothing changed.  If I go to arlo.com (website and not the app) and log in there, all cameras are working, I can see "live" cameras but will not record but if i go to "Mode" it shows that base station offline.  I do not want to do a factory reset on the base unless I absolutely have to and not sure that will solve anything.   Its best if you can open a case by going to support and doing a live chat and let them know.  If enough people bring the issue forward, maybe they will get on top of it, it took them a day or two last time.  VERY frustrating to spend the amount of money to have it keep doing this, almost tempted to dump it.  

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You have to remove the base from the app, go to settings,my devices hit the base tag scroll down and remove it then push the factory reset button with a paper clip and unplug it then start out as new when you bought it (no need to remove batteries) took me about 30 min to do all 5 of my cameras and put them back up. I think the videos are alot sharper and clearer then before.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@pooh347wrote:

This happened earlier this month where there was a system wide issue and users were not notified until like a day or two later.

I can't speak for anyone else, but when the database went down last week I was notified via email about an hour after the outage started. My system didn't go down this time.

From reading other posts, removing the base, doing a reset, adding the base back, and resyncing cameras seems to be working for many. It can be a PITA, but will probably get you back up and running.

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

Wow!, I sure don't want to have to go through and factory reset everything and hope I don't have too. So far logging out of the app and restarting it has solve my problems...keeping my fingers crossed.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

I get the following when trying to log in on PC.See jpeg

I have no other browsers open and have cleared all caches and cookies.Capture.JPG

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

For those experiencing an issue logging in, if using google Chrome try pasting this in your url bar and then click "Remove All":

chrome://settings/cookies/detail?site=arlo.netgear.com

If using Firefox, follow the instructions listed here: How to clear the Firefox cache

If using the mobile app, check the app store and be sure you have the latest version available downloaded and installed.

You should then be able to log in.

JamesC

wdarrellr
Tutor
Tutor

I would like when ARLO Netgear is going to fix this. There are a lot of MAD people out there. I AM VERY VERY MAD!!!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wdarrellr,

Have you cleared your cache as described above? What are you seeing?

JamesC

wdarrellr
Tutor
Tutor

It sometimes comes up but most of the time it does not. When it does come up the account is grayed out. I do not get emails sent to my email address anymore and don't see any way to fix it. arlo - netgear need to fix this. I know it is on there end and yes I did clear everything and it still is not working.

wdarrellr
Tutor
Tutor

YES I HAVE MORE THAH ONCE AND IT STILL DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even connect it with a Cat5 cable and still not working. I can get it to work from my Dell Laptop using WiFi. Could it be Windows 10? My desktops both have Windows 10 Pro and I can not connect with ether one but my Laptop has Windows 10 Home and it works.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

I have windows 10 pro and everything is working fine, but I also use Edge as my browser. Try that instead of chrome.

wdarrellr
Tutor
Tutor

I tried using EDGE and it still does the same F_____ing thing. This thing is making me very very unhappy.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wdarrellr,

If you're able to log in using your laptop, the issue is specific to your other computer. It sounds like you may be experiencing an issue logging in that gives an error instructing you to clear cookies, follow these instructions for the Edge browser to resolve the issue: Microsoft Edge Support Delete cookies

If you're experiencing something different, please be descriptive with what you are trying to do and what you see (specific error messages, etc.)

JamesC