Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Dholliy
Guide
Guide

Could those who have used both, the Arlo & Arlo Pro, please tell me if the “Pro” is better/quicker to catch movement hence starting the “video recording” sooner than Arlo cameras? 

It could be my placement but I only get video of person leaving my front door, if anything.

Yet when exiting my front door, it’s spot on?

Any help appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

The Pro is HUGELY faster in recording. My Arlo HD cameras would often only catch someone walking away from the door. Arlo Pro and Pro 2 catch them walking towards the door

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

I agree too.. Arlo Pro is faster and better performance

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot for positioning suggestions.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Also, if you power a Pro 2 from a wall outlet, it will start the recording three seconds prior to the motion detection event.  It actually records all the time (like a Nest cam) and declares the start of the recording as being prior to the motion event.

Dholliy
Guide
Guide

Thank you all for your replies.

The Arlo Pro has been purchased from eBay for $85. Luckily, I only have 4 of the original Arlo cameras so I can still add one. The pro will go on the front door and I’ll use delayed cameras elsewhere. 

IMHO the regular Arlo cameras are only good for “action mode” recordings that are triggered by an initial camera’s detection. Its works OK set-up this way, although I go through charged batteries 3 times faster having each camera triggered by another...

Cheers!