Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Customer1234
Follower
Follower

Is there a way to keep the website from signing me off when there is no activity? I keep the cameras on one of my screens at work, but it keeps signing me out when there’s no activity. Can I change this setting?

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's normal and has always been this way. The login timeout after no activity in the session is basically a security measure for if you forget to close out when you have to leave and the camera live view timeout is to save batteries. I don't see this ever changing. You can stay logged in as long as you do anything in the session within the timeout period.

Catia22
Tutor
Tutor

Please Arlo... let us choose how long to let the system stay idle before logging us off. I need to be able to see what's going on outside NOW, not 20 minutes from now when I finally make it through the ridiculous login procedure!

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Catia22 wrote:

Please Arlo... let us choose how long to let the system stay idle before logging us off. I need to be able to see what's going on outside NOW, not 20 minutes from now when I finally make it through the ridiculous login procedure!

What is causing you to take 20 minutes for the 2FA login. I use Push Notifications and when hit login on computer I just hit approve on the phone that pops up right away and then the site logs in on computer. About 15 seconds total. 

Catia22
Tutor
Tutor

I don't use a phone, just a computer. So I have to get an email, write down the authorization number, type it in - which I usually do wrong - so it takes me 3-4 tries to get logged back in.

AikaneKai
Apprentice
Apprentice

The problem is that the timeout used to be 12 hours on the webpage.  Almost 2 years ago they changed it to 1/2 hour.  I don't need Arlo forcing a logout after 30 minutes.  I am capable of logging out myself if I choose to.  My computer also has a screensaver timeout.  I work from home, alone, and don't need this forced layer of faux security. 

With the change, they don't even set a cookie like they used to, so if you refresh your browser, you're immediately logged off.

Chimo
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is a lot of things I can do while waiting 15 seconds for a dumb login that I don't want, or need on my private, secure network!