Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Is the netgear VMB3000 shows connection to the internet when blur camera light flashes faster

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Mysicboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the older netgear VMB3000 with camera. It was at my mother’s home and unplugged for some time. I have it and set up an account. Followed the written instructions, YouTube instructions and it shows connection to the internet when blur camera light flashes faster. However when I download the app, add new advice, follow the plug in to the tee, the blue camera light flashes a few seconds, then infrared lights come on for abt 10 seconds while it says locating device, then it keeps saying try again. For 2 days I’ve been trying. Is this device now totally obsolete because when purchased a few years ago it was expensive. Thanks for any help

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Was the system previously installed in your name or your mother's? If the latter, her account needs to remove the system so you can set it up on yours.

It's been EOLed but not disabled. You will still have the free 7 day cloud recordings, just no updates of any sort as well as the future possibility of software updates rendering the system inop. WHen that may be is unknown but likely at least a couple years away. I would expect you would get notification of such a possibility near the time.

Mysicboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the camera was under my mother’s email. I found the password to the account and it did allow to sign in with those credentials. I searched thru In account and did not find a way to delete it. So, I did a chat. I was sent a link to go to. Follow directions, and that did nothing. Although it showed an account when I signed into the original account. How hard could it be to just delete an account? I’ve deleted many over the years with great success, but not this one. Seems to be a problem by what I’ve searched.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Mysicboy wrote:

Yes, the camera was under my mother’s email. I found the password to the account and it did allow to sign in with those credentials. I searched thru In account and did not find a way to delete it. So, I did a chat. I was sent a link to go to. Follow directions, and that did nothing. 

Did you follow the instructions here:

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App or log in to your Arlo account at my.arlo.com.
  2. Tap or click Settings.
  3. Tap or click Privacy to open the Arlo Privacy Center.
  4. Tap or click Account.
  5. Tap or click Delete Arlo Account.