Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
TaylorHouse
Follower
Follower

My cameras will be affected in the recent EOL policy update (camera’s Pro VMC4030). The email from Arlo regarding this update said that the 7 day cloud storage will become unavailable, and it also says that “these camera’s may continue to be operated after April 1, 2023 to store video clips locally with a compatible Arlo base station.” Is my base station (VMB4000) compatible? Either way, will I get to playback any videos (from motion detection notifications) beyond watching the live stream, after April 1st?

13 REPLIES 13
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

It is still unclear what arlo means when they say “may”, worst case the camera’s MAY not work at all.

The 4000 Base MAY record to the USB storage device but you will need to remove it to view recordings on a pc.

Push notifications MAY still be available although activity zones that require cloud streaming is unlikely to work, hence no backup recordings.

shdowfax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same system but have never got anything larger than an 8G USB to work with it.  Also, it can't be read over the system.  You need to take the memory stick back to your computer to view it.  I also have never found the Over-Write function to work.  That is, when the memory stick fills up, the base station stops recording

Also, when EOL takes effect and the free 7-day storage ends, you will not be able to retrieve recording without physically getting the memory stick.  Not sure here yet.

gheilbrun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000 that has stopped working all together since the latest software update March 3. I can no longer view any videos stored on the base and it doesn't recognize the 3 cameras.  The three lights on the base are still green. I have rebooted, unplugged, and even reset the base. Nothing worked.  To force EOL(Stupid name) on equipment that is only 5 years old sucks. Shame on Arlo and Netgear if the software update is to blame.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

EOL has nothing to do with your issue. When you reset, did you follow the procedure below as well as remove all devices from your account?

https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

gheilbrun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I went through the factory reset and adding a new Base twice. It says it can't find any devices.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gheilbrun wrote:

Yes. I went through the factory reset and adding a new Base twice. It says it can't find any devices.

did you remove the base from your account before trying to add it back?

gheilbrun
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. My account shows no devices.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are adding it from the app, then try a PC (browsing to my.arlo.com)

Powers_Austin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I'm having the same issue....has there been a resolution?

Thanks

gheilbrun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried my pc, ipad and android phone.  None find any arlo devices to add.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@gheilbrun wrote:

I have tried my pc, ipad and android phone.  None find any arlo devices to add.

Maybe try a second reset of the base.  Note the base needs to be added before any cameras.

gheilbrun
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a VMB4000. I have tried factory resets  4 or 5 times now. I get green power and internet lights now and an amber camera ight. I logged into my PC which is hard wired ethernet connection to the same router as my base. I have no devices showing in my account. When I try to add a device, it eventually comes back saying it can't find any. I've also tried from my iPad and Android phone. I'm not sure what more I can try.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@gheilbrun ,

Be aware that there is a security lock on adding a device that has already been installed on another’s account, it needs to be removed from that account first before it can be added to another account. Could this be possible with the base you are trying to add?

If the base is showing the camera led as steady amber it infers that the base has been factory reset and ready to be claimed so it is likely to be an account access related issue.

The other things you could try is to take the kit to a friends home to use their router setup to eliminate your router setup and isp as the cause.

You could also try creating a new arlo account via the website login, don’t use the mobile with your existing account, just to see if you can get it to add. If so, remove it then try adding again to your existing account.