Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
junbug1970
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all. I'm looking for new base vmb4000 that can use external USB storage and i have 4 vmc3030w and 3 Arlo Q indoor. Will the vmb4000 be compatible with the cameras i already have?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The USB backup only works for cameras that sync to that base... Since the Qs go directly to your wifi, they don't record on the usb backup.

If you run two accounts ( A1 and A2 ), put the base/cams on A1 and the Q cams on A2... then grant access of A2 back to A1 all the cameras will be seen for free/basic level on that account and you will have 7 days storage on all.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The base with work fine with the older Arlo cameras except the Q models...

The Q cameras don’t link to the base but hook directly into the home WiFi.

( all cams will show up in the app tho )

mind that over 5 cameras, you may need to upgrade your service level

junbug1970
Aspirant
Aspirant
If i upgraded to the vmb4000 with local storage options, will it record all 4 of my arlo and 3 of my arlo q totalling 7 cameras?
junbug1970
Aspirant
Aspirant
after reading different threads my understanding is arlo q cannot record via the base locally? You can only record if you sign up for cvr subscriptions? So basically with out the subscription this camera is only good for live feed? Am i understanding this correctly?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The USB backup only works for cameras that sync to that base... Since the Qs go directly to your wifi, they don't record on the usb backup.

If you run two accounts ( A1 and A2 ), put the base/cams on A1 and the Q cams on A2... then grant access of A2 back to A1 all the cameras will be seen for free/basic level on that account and you will have 7 days storage on all.

junbug1970
Aspirant
Aspirant
You are Genius. Thank you 🙂