Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mcgreen1966
Star
Star

I am going to keep posting until Arlo Aknowledge they have introduction a bug into the firmware,

Both of my cameras have been working fine for over 14 months and since may, i now have intermittent Motion detection.

This happens to both cameras. If i Disarm and then Re-Arm the motion detection starts working again.

And can stop randomly at any time,

So i did a complete reset, removed and re-added the cameras, and today a parcel guy came, i saw him come to the house fine. but there was no video of him leaving.

Nothing has changed in 14 months. only dam automatic firmware updates.

Now I work in IT, i am a senior IT analyst i know about this stuff i even used to write firmware. !! 

Support just dont seem to acknowledge that nothong has changed, and keep asking how far the base station is away from the cameras, (FFS nothing has changed) except you pushing out new updates :(.

Need it fixed as they are next to useless now 😞

if they read the forums loads of people are having issues after this may update

Regards

Mark.

7 REPLIES 7
Sarah315
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. I've tried the same things you have tried. Started in May, and now they are about as useful as paperweights. My Arlo Pro 3 cameras and base station was purchased November 2017, not even a year old yet. What a waste of money.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

There was a June firmware update that addressed several issues that were introduced in the previous firmware version. Your base station should be version: 1.10.0.7_21310. My cameras are working better than they have in 6 months since this last update. No issues at all.

mcgreen1966
Star
Star

My firmware is as follows :-

base station - 1.10.0.7_2310

Hardware VMB4000r3

Both cameras 1.092.0.13_19715

Hardware H8

They want to replace both my cameras. not sure how this is going to fix the issue, so you telling me that both my cameras stopped working at the same time HMMM Smiley Embarassed

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Ya I doubt both broke at the same time, but I guess new cameras couldn't hurt. You do have the latest production firmware versions. I have my camera motion sensitivity set at 90% or 100% on all my cameras, so if something did change with motion sensitivity I might not have noticed. Try turning up your sensitivity, even if you didn't have to before, and see if that helps.

mcgreen1966
Star
Star

i have it set to 90% for both cameras, i get videos through the day and evening, then it will just stop.

ill go into to app.

Select disarm.

wait a few seconds.

Select Arm. (i have tried a custom plan too)

and the cameras will start working again, sometimes they will run for a couple of days. sometimes its a few hours before they stop again.

Its like they are basically disarming, but the APP thinks they are still armed.

i thought perhaps it was at the same time of day, but its anytime.

Cheers

Mark

BradGalloway
Star
Star
Looks like you wrote the original post for me. I'm having the exact same issues and work around. I also assumed it was a firmware update. Haven't talked to Netgear and don't know what new cameras would do, other than refresh the batteries...
mcgreen1966
Star
Star

@BradGalloway wrote:
Looks like you wrote the original post for me. I'm having the exact same issues and work around. I also assumed it was a firmware update. Haven't talked to Netgear and don't know what new cameras would do, other than refresh the batteries...

Hi, i imagine, its only a very small popular of arlo owners actually post or read these forums,

So i imagine lots of people are having this issue.

Hopefully they will release a firmware fix soon.

Overall i have been really happy with the system and battery life.

until i read some of threads i didnt actually realise they automatically pushed out updates.

Shame there isnt an option to roll back firmware. !

No Offical response yet, and i havent heard back about my camera replacements yet. 😞