Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Intermittent Missing recordings

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
AussieIcon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently purchased and installed a VMC3040 Arlo camera. The camera is installed on my back balcony so that myself and my neighbours can monitor comings and goings in our cul de sac.

My problem is that there are occurences that are not being recorded. This morning I walked out of my garage door into the field of the camera and wasn't recorded however I was recorded 3 minutes later returning to my house.

I also have recordings of people leaving the cul de sac but not of them arriving.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Regards

Peter Holden

Firmware 1.8.3.2_17494

14 REPLIES 14
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the FAQs here on best camera positioning? Motion is best detected at less than 25 feet and moving across the FOV, not at the camera.

AussieIcon
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thganks jguerdat. Yes the camera is positioned appropriately. It's just not recording some stuff.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post a screenshot with a description of where the issues are happening.

vmitch
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a minute or two missing inbetween recordings.  It will recorded for a minute or two then it will be missing the time inbetween when one ends and the other ones starts.  Also, if you are watching it live, will it record?  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi vmitch, 

Have you tried to reboot your base station? The camera will not detect motion while you are live viewing.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@vmitch wrote:

I have a minute or two missing inbetween recordings.  It will recorded for a minute or two then it will be missing the time inbetween when one ends and the other ones starts.  Also, if you are watching it live, will it record?  

To a degree, that's normal since the video has to upload, the camera resets and then is available for more recordings. The reset period is usually a few seconds but don't forget that the motion may have moved out of range so the next recording may be additionally delayed.

Hooptydoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am experiencing the same problem. I've had my cameras for over a year and never had missing video events, the past month or so I have many on all of my cameras.
aquaman67
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem. Spent 30 minutes with tech support - most of it on hold - and was told I’ll have to call you back..

Everything was working fine until 3 days ago. The 2 camera system has been up since August.

I’ve tried everything I can think of. Nothing seems to work.

What’s Arlo’s warranty like?
AussieIcon
Aspirant
Aspirant

aquaman67,

I've not resolved this issue and I haven't had any interaction with Arlo directly so don't know what aftersales servivce is like.

Cheers

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

We are away on holidays and for the last 4 days my camera's are notifiying me of motion but NO RECORDINGS. I have 24 hrs with no recordings. I restarted the base and they will work for a couple hours then the same problem no recordings. This system has been terrible since the May upgrade, now is when I need it working as we are away for 6 weeks! I can't connect via the web as we are travellng in outback Australia and the app is basically not working!! Someone at arlo needs to fix this ASAP as these are definately NOT WORKING AS ADVERTISED!!

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey everyone,

Have you tried checking through the web to see if the recordings appear?

Redmoonstar
Luminary
Luminary

Yes I have accessed via Chrome and there are no recordings. I have to restart the base to get them to record for a couple hours then no recordings. I am currentlt travelling the Australian outback and only have intermittent Internet and the camera's aren't working as advertised!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Make sure you have a stable internet connection with your base station and camera and your internet upload speed is at least more than 1 Mbps upstream. The lower the upstream bandwidth, the greater the possibility with performance issues, such as intermittent recordings. You can read more about the minimum requirements here: What are the minimum requirements for installing and using my Arlo system?

If you do have a high-speed internet connection and is higher than 1 Mbps upstream, please contact our Arlo Support Team so they can assist you further.