Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO VMB 4000 Battery drains too fast

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
delbey777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Battery drains too fast. . I'm recharging every two months on cameras that I have turned off. Is there a soution to this problem ?

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do they have the latest firmware? Even though they are turned off they still use a bit of power which is partly a function of signal strength and/or 2.4GHz interference. SInce they're off, place one closer to the base to see if that makes a difference.

delbey777
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can I find out if I have the latest firmware ?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Settings, My Devices, your various devices, Device Info. There should be a notification if there's an update available but write down the version and then go to the Relese Notes section here and verify that the latest versions noted there are what you have.

delbey777
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

I found the version and wrote it down. Now I can't find the "Release Notes" section.

I am charging one camera and I have moved it closer to the base, to see if slows the battery draining.

Thanks for your help and patience.

delbey777
Aspirant
Aspirant

I checked my cameras. They have Firmware 1.092.0.17_25364 . 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You have the latest firmware but it hasn't been out too long for you to notice a difference when turned off. I would restart the base and reinsert the batteries in all cameras and keep a close eye on battery usage.

delbey777
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. Will do.
Take care.