Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 13 Likes
  • 12 In Conversation
Eagle-eye
Initiate
Initiate
Hi all.

Having some issues setting up my new arlo pro. The app seems to hang whenever I reach the 'terms of service' page, with the error "your session has timed out. Please log in".

I have created an account and can login, but no matter how I navigate to the screen, is always hangs after approx 5s before the error. I am on solid wifi and next to the green-lighted base station. For what it's worth I've tried re-downloading the app.

Any thoughts on a remedy? Super keen to set this thing up!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

UPDATE COMPLETED: Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud

[ Edited ]

Dear Arlo customer,

On Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud from 9PM to 9:15PM Pacific Time. Arlo users may not be able to log into the Arlo apps or the web portal during this 15 min update. But rest assured the cameras will continue to function as expected during this update and your recordings will be updated to the cloud as expected. 

After the update is complete, you will be able to login and access all your camera activity as usual. We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

UPDATE - May 2nd at 9:20 PM PDT

The update to the Arlo cloud has been completed with minimal down time. Users that may have attempted to log into the Arlo app or web portal during that time may have seen an error of "Incorrect Username or password". You should no longer encounter this issue now that the update is complete. 

If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior with logging into Arlo please let us know at Arlo Support.

Thank You,

Arlo Team

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HughCasiano
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having same issue.
Innisfilpatriot
Initiate
Initiate

Is there a fix for this problem yet? 

I cant get past this terms pf service screeen. 

Dtnr8b
Apprentice
Apprentice
Anyone get a fix yet?
david12345
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here

Pratusion
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got mine today as well, having the exact same issue.  Can't even get a number to call these guys.

*Edit 5-20-17 10pm EST

The number is for netgear 1 (888) 638-4327 Customer Service

Very nice woman I spoke with said she was aware of the problem and they have taken the system down to try and work on it.  Also was told to check in every so often to see if it works.  

Tenfootelvis
Tutor
Tutor

I got mine today.  Been having the same issue on both phone and computer.  On the same network on all devices.  Very frustrating

al_z
Initiate
Initiate

It seems like the server is currently down. I just contacted Arlo Support and they told me to retry in a few hours.

Tenfootelvis
Tutor
Tutor

Wonder if that means, when I really need security images, the server might not capture them.  

al_z
Initiate
Initiate

Well, I just did a search and it doesn't look like it happens often, so it might be just a coincidence.

Innisfilpatriot
Initiate
Initiate
Well. There are quite a few of new clients here that are frustrated off the bat. This better be cleared up soon.
rjl60462
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue.  Unable to complete setup.  Tried both iPhone and laptop to no avail

Orangefabric
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. The Tech support blamed AT&T as the problem and she said I should try again later? What kind of response is that?

Pretty upset with a brand new product that doesn't work out of the box 😞

nit407
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was getting the same errors this entire evening. It is working now though. I was able to register, sync the cameras and download the firmware update also on the base unit.
Eagle-eye
Initiate
Initiate
Appears resolved - logged in and it now works
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

UPDATE COMPLETED: Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud

[ Edited ]

Dear Arlo customer,

On Tue 2nd of May, Arlo team is performing an emergency update to the cloud from 9PM to 9:15PM Pacific Time. Arlo users may not be able to log into the Arlo apps or the web portal during this 15 min update. But rest assured the cameras will continue to function as expected during this update and your recordings will be updated to the cloud as expected. 

After the update is complete, you will be able to login and access all your camera activity as usual. We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your patience and understanding.

UPDATE - May 2nd at 9:20 PM PDT

The update to the Arlo cloud has been completed with minimal down time. Users that may have attempted to log into the Arlo app or web portal during that time may have seen an error of "Incorrect Username or password". You should no longer encounter this issue now that the update is complete. 

If you are still experiencing unexpected behavior with logging into Arlo please let us know at Arlo Support.

Thank You,

Arlo Team

Morse is faster than texting!